What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Thinking of buying

Adey

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm thinking of buying an rcz, currently drive a BMW 330d but looking for a change, what should I look out for, any common faults, I'm looking at a diesel as that is what I'm used to, but should I also look at a petrol one? I do quite a lot of miles due to work so have to think about fuel economy.I like the torque from a diesel, but haven't driven a petrol car for years so don't know how they compare.
Cheers all.
Adey.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, loads of posts on here if you search through the forum regarding common problems but if your looking a diesel cars then not much to worry about really probably the jacking points are one of the more common issues they’re made out of French cheese :D and invariably fold up at the sight of a jack. But seriously it’s usually incompetent tyre fitters that damage them. Worth the contortion to have a look when buying they can be costly to repair.

Petrol versions have quite a few common issues like timing chain and tensioner failure but most have been replaced by now but again worth checking if the works been done Mk2 cars should have had the up rated parts from new but it’s not unheard of for these to have failed also, oil level and quality are the key to keeping everything good. :thumbup:

HP fuel pumps are another part on petrol versions but usually on higher mileage cars.

My advice don’t let your heart rule your head! There are loads of RCZ’s for sale it’s easy to be loured I’m by the gorgeous looks of the RCZ buy the best looked after example you can and obviously with the lowest mileage.

Good luck let us know how you get on :beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Yes Adey do ti you won't regret it.

Neil has said it all really, so all I'm going to add is that of course the diesel is better on economy AND reliability with few known problems and the HDi unit pushes out 163 bhp so no slouch either, if that's not enough a £249 stage 1 tune can get you to 200+ bhp with excellent torque figures.
But don't overlook the petrol versions, with the 200 version returning low 40's mpg and the R version strangely better still and with 270 bhp on tap = very rapid the car is only light and has a big footprint so hugs the road in any version you choose.
If I had to choose sensibly - it would be the HDi, but for fun factor well my signature tells the tale.

Let us know how you get on and if you ditch the beemer !!

Cheers M.... :beer:

French Letter

Reaction score
Don't delay. Life is short. Get a THP200 Mk 2. Believe it or not, there is only one for sale in Oz at the moment. Rare car indeed.

BMW's don't even get a first look these days. But RCZ's will be forever looked at.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I only had one major issue with my petrol, the timing chain and associated bits needed replacing. Other than that I enjoyed it and it was fairly good on petrol given the stick it got. Upper 30s tank to tank.

*whisper*
It's not as good as my new GT86 though :dance:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
*whisper*
It's not as good as my new GT86 though :dance:

You're barred LOL for offensive language !

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk