What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

thinking of buying a RCZ

08shandw

Reaction score
hi guys so the time has come to get an RCZ and just wondered if could have some information on them
im going to get the 2.0 HDI simply because i want a diesel.
i dont have massive money 11k and think i found the one i want
doing some research on what i need the car to come with and what i can add on myself so i have found one
with the built in satnav, quad exhausts and am i right in thinking xneon headlights if it has the square caps below the headlight????
annoyingly i wanted red but there isnt any for sale with the right specs apart from a carbon red one at 16k so no go
this one is black but has the creme leather interior which i dont like at all but cant have it all i suppose.
its a 60 plate and only done 22k miles for 11k that a good price for a GT
anything i should look out for when viewing??
also what are the differences between the mk1 and mk2 apart from the obvious front bumper
ino diff door cards but is there anything else difference.
any help would be appriciated thanks

renegade79

Reaction score
The HDi's are a reliable old horse. Just keep an eye out for clogged dpf filters and damaged jacking points which are common in all RCZ's. There is very little difference between mk1 and mk2, the front bumper is the obvious one. Xenon headlignts have the trap door under the headlight which houses the washer function. Otherwise you can tell they're xenon by the fact they are immensely better than the halogens.
Good luck with sale!

08shandw

Reaction score
That's the car I'm thinking of buying. It has the washer flaps below the headlight so does that mean it has Xneon lights? Does this model have Bluetooth and USB for playing music on my phone. It doesn't state and not familiar with the headunit? Thanks

frankvdb

Reaction score
08shandw said:
That's the car I'm thinking of buying. It has the washer flaps below the headlight so does that mean it has Xneon lights? Does this model have Bluetooth and USB for playing music on my phone. It doesn't state and not familiar with the headunit? Thanks

The satnav in that car is the NG4 which has Bleutooth but only for voice, so you can't stream music through it.
It does have USB (under the armrest) and SD (on the unit) so you can put your music on one of these media and play from there.
Also, it has an internal 10GB hard disk so you can also copy your music to that for convenience.

08shandw

Reaction score
I stream though tidal hi-fi on my phone will this work though USB or is there aux port?

frankvdb

Reaction score
08shandw said:
I stream though tidal hi-fi on my phone will this work though USB or is there aux port?

No, the USB/SD is just for traditional Windows formatted media. Remember the NG4 dates from before 2010 so doesn't have the support that is common nowadays.
The car does have an aux port in the glove box, which is a composite connector (so analog) but may be good enough for what you want to do.

08shandw

Reaction score
OK thanks do you have a picture of the aux port in the glove box? Also does the mk2 use a different radio or the old one aswell? And glad it has Xneon lights

tianorth

Reaction score
You can get an RCZ with a RD5, RT6 or NG4 system.
The UK stop providing NG4 system for the latest models but Europe still get them.
A few on here and on the Facebook group have updated their NG4s in the last few months successfully.

08shandw

Reaction score
Which model do you upgrade the ng4 to? And what's the difference between the new model and the ng4? Is it just swap them over or do you need to modify? Thanks for all the help

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The RT6 is the latest model fitted to the Mk2. This now has streaming, and retains the USB and aux inputs (now in the armrest on the Mk2), but it doesn't have the hard drive as fitted to the NG4.

I believe it is fairly straightforward exchanging the units if you have some degree of technical knowledge, but it isn't something I would undertake personally. Fortunately I have the RT6 unit in mine anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_3515.JPG
    IMG_3515.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 6,407

08shandw

Reaction score
That's brill thanks think will deffo want the rt6 in mine, I changed units and that before so should be fine I'm guessing it works with the same screen. Just gotta find a headunit not paying 400 quid for the one on eBay

tianorth

Reaction score
You will also require it to be re-programmed to the vehicle using Peugeot diagnostic equipment.

As it does quite a few things otherwise than sat nav and music.

t110jim

Reaction score
Don't know what spec you are after but my old one is still at dealers 2010 nera black with zenons and new tyres under 17000 miles full history