What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Thermostat housing

rc06bas

Reaction score
Local garage changed my thermostat housing. Since then my car is sluggish and little turbo noise. They said the new one had different wires but should be ok? I have had enough of them and paid a lot for it. They say its not their fault. Is there a quick fix or shall I replace it again. If anyone knows the correct part number for a 2011, 156 I would be grateful. The actuator works, dump valve works just no omphhh.
Kind regards

Charlie1875

Reaction score
The new thermostat sometimes has different electrical plugs on the housing so you will need a new wiring adapter to fit the new thermostat housing, sounds like the garage didn’t fit the new adapter wiring’s loom, hope that helps, have the garage put it back together correctly if you have no oomph now?

rc06bas

Reaction score
So after a month of my RCZ feeling like a standard non turbo car after a thermostat housing change I've now sorted it thanks to you tube. I guess the garage which changed my thermostat had the car ticking on idle for a long time. Literally half a tanks worth. On getting it back I noticed the turbo was hardly working and kept going into limp mode if I booted it over 5k rpm. Cause.... a blocked catalytic converter. One bottle of cleaner. 50miles of high rev third gear driving and now it feels lively again up to 6500 rpm. Happy days. Will regularly now use this cleaner.