What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Thermostat housing for 156thp - single or twin 2 pin plug?

RCZKam

Reaction score
Hey

Pretty much as above, I need a thermostat housing for a 2012 156thp (engine code EP6CDT)

I’ve read on there that the housings for the 156 originally had a single 2 pin plug and I need the short adaptor loom as the new housings now have two individual 2 pin plugs but the ones I’m seeing (eBay etc) are the same as the one I’ve just pulled from mine - single 2 pin plug?

Obviously I’m wanting to make sure I get the right one as it was a pain to remove but is the two individual 2 pin one an upgrade/superseded version or can I just pick up the single 2 pin as it was before? Has the upgraded one got a better thermostat or some magical power etc that I’m not aware of? :confused:

Pedro

Reaction score
They did upgrade the 156 housing & for the Citroen DS most of the PSA & BMW models fitted with these tanks suffer from premature failure as the seams split & the coolant disappears down the back of the engine which can mask the true reasons why the temp starts to rise the newer versions had different connections as plug ins came with longer tails also the bleed screw was changed for a new wiring setup next to the sensor as in photo also you must make absolutely sure you have the right engine code before buying as there are different versions I believe tank (B) is the one being supplied now

Attachments

• coolant tank upgrade.PNG
    coolant tank upgrade.PNG
    261.5 KB · Views: 24

RCZKam

Reaction score
Ahh I see

Yeah my coolant keeps disappearing every few days (completely empty res) but dash gauge still rises to 90 which is a tad worrying :oops:

I’m guessing the original single 2 pin housings are still available for those that want a straight swap but my thermostat loom with the coolant sensor is a bit worse for wear and there are a couple of nicks in the wires so will look for the upgraded one (B) and grab a new adaptor loom

IMG_0525.jpeg

Cheers Pedro :)

RCZKam

Reaction score
Also my coolant level sensor (in the res) was unplugged and the plug end was gunked up with what looks like grease!

Probably because the previous owner grew tired of the low coolant warning keep coming up…

Will pick up a new in res level sensor as well

Hopefully this will also solve my AC issue which amazingly works when there is enough coolant :rolleyes:

RCZKam

Reaction score
I’ve received a thermostat housing and have read on searches on here that there are two different ones so make sure you get the right one but no mention of what the actual difference is between the two?

I’m guessing it’s the outlet hose from the thermostat to the matrix? Am I right in thinking the 156 has a large plastic C clip and the 200 just slides on?

IMG_0642.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0646.jpeg

Does anyone have a part number for the correct one with the flange as all the ones I’m seeing on eBay etc (1336Z6) are all slide on

Cheers

RCZKam

Reaction score
My other option is to chop off the plastic clip end of the matrix hose and as I’ve got some pieces here to put in a hose joiner and new hose so it slides onto the thermostat

Don’t really want to bodge it but might help if the thermostat goes again as it’ll be easier to pick one up as these slide on ones are everywhere