What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Thermostat gauge

Westies

Reaction score
My thermostat gauge is not moving as quick as it used to. It takes a good few miles before it starts to move. Any ideas why?

Pedro

Reaction score
May be the sensor is beginning to fail but the water pump is a electronically controlled from the ECU via signals from the thermostat tank so if it is the sensor the temp gauge will malfunction showing either low or very high temperature readings

Westies

Reaction score
May be the sensor is beginning to fail but the water pump is a electronically controlled from the ECU via signals from the thermostat tank so if it is the sensor the temp gauge will malfunction showing either low or very high temperature readings
Thank you. I can't get it booked in until mid Dec. Im wondering if its safe to drive without causing damage? like I mentioned in my previous post the gauge does eventually move the more I use it, the heater and air con are also working fine.

NelsonP

Reaction score
My thermostat gauge is not moving as quick as it used to. It takes a good few miles before it starts to move. Any ideas why?
Are you driving it like its meant to be driven? These cars are like thoroughbred race horses, you need to be pushing them to get them up into their optimum operating range.

Westies

Reaction score
This is my second one and never experienced this before. I'm guessing I'm driving it as it should be driven.

Pedro

Reaction score
I forgot to mention don't thrash the Engine when its cold this will trigger the fan to come on full blast!