What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

The RCZ is tucked in for the winter. Meet the new winter car

A

Anonymous

Re: The RCZ is tucked in for the winter. Meet the new winter

Always had a soft spot for these :D

Sanity

Reaction score

Same here :) and to find a 2005 with only 70 000 km is rare for a RC over here. I believe it's known as gti 180 in the UK.

A

Anonymous

Sorry but LOL. will drive my R through whatever Britain throws at us. It is such a stable, well balanced and controlled car, I have put my faith in it.

What about winter tyres on the rcz?

personally not going to bother but an option.

p.s. those eco boxes provide very little protection if you are unfortunate enough to have an accident. :(

Tomas_90

Reaction score

You can drive the Z in any weather with the right tires. I drive mine all year around here in Finland.

Sanity

Reaction score

Sure I can drive the rcz in the winter also. But I choose not to do so for several reasons.
Adding 150km per day 5 days a week on the clock just so gf can get to work,
I refuse to get it all salty and dirty on the winter roads. Adding stonechip to it is also a no no :) And those are very common here as they tend to spread out alot of sand on the roads in the winter period.

In a couple of years I'll probably wont care as much about it, but for now I like to keep it as new as possible.

A

Anonymous

Sanity said:
Sure I can drive the rcz in the winter also. But I choose not to do so for several reasons.
I refuse to get it all salty and dirty on the winter roads. Adding stonechip to it is also a no no :) And those are very common here as they tend to spread out alot of sand on the roads in the winter period.

In a couple of years I'll probably wont care as much about it, but for now I like to keep it as new as possible.

Some good points.

A

Anonymous

Sanity said:

Some good points.

RCZ-R

Reaction score

I do drive my R second winter now. Each winter about 10-15.000 miles.
Yes, all the car gets covered with salt and very often I do not have time to wash it. So it stays on the car for days or weeks. But it doesnt do any visible damage to car's parts. Brakes and suspension parts still look like new.

The R has a very, very stable chassis on snow and ice. Good balance. One can drive very fast on snow or change the lanes with crossing all those sloshes of snow lying in between the lines. Love driving this car in those conditions. I do not prefer those conditions over dry tarmac but if they occur, I do not fear them anymore.
For example yesterday I was travelling through two countries and also thru germany. If you take a look on the news today they cry about the conditions on the roads in germany, accidents, etc. Yes, I was part of it but was able to leave it very fast behind me. Often I was the only car lying the lane in snow on the speed lane because the rest was creeping with 40mph on the other two.
I also run into a sudden white out with slush on the surface at over 120mph and was able to slow down the car safely. Very stable while decelerating.
Of course I run the car on winter tyres. Pirelli tyres.

Sanity

Reaction score

Good for you :). I didn't question the RCZ's winter ability I just choose not to drive it for a few months of shitty weather.