What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

The RCZ is gone

A

Anonymous

Well it just happened to be my 40th birthday on saturday and my husband got me the best present ever :D A brand new white Mercedes SLK300 auto. Its been my dream car for years and I can't believe I'v finally got one.
I was slightly confused when I opened what appeared to be a small jewellery box to find a set of Mercedes keys, I was told to go out to the drive only to find a white SLK with a giant pink bow on it and pink ballons tied to the mirrors :D

My time with the RCZ has been short but fun its a very good car which I was sad to see it go but the Mercedes definately makes up for it :dance: Its feels a good bit more powerful than the RCZ, plus I just can't keep my eyes off its stunning looks :D

Don't worry though im not going to completely dissapear from the RCZ forum, I'v spoken to many friendly people here and it really is a great site :)

A

Anonymous

Here's some pics of my new baby :D isn't she a stunner :dance:

HARWOOD

Reaction score
[b]WHAT[/b], you've gone and down graded!!!!!!!!!!!LOL :lol:
A stunner too, but a tad more expensive me thinks?
Enjoy and keep in touch.
:greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Funny how you've changed to the SLK..........................I came the other way. I got rid of my SLK for the PUG. Fed up with the ridiculous service costs charged by MB,(Plus the cramped Cabin), anyway I hope you,ll be happy !

Regards,
Mal

A

Anonymous

Nice, very nice, however there's just something different about the Rcz that makes it stand out above the other's.
The SLK is a lovely looking car, but in my opinion the RCZ is a stunning looking car. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

I'v always loved the SLK :dance:

I would never have dreamed of changing my car so quickly as I feel it was a bit of a waste but it was a birthday surprise and im so happy.

I really loved the RCZ but I must admit after only a few days I prefer the Mercedes its feels very sporty and snug and I adore its F1 style front nose :D It was such an amazing surprise since I was expecting the usually Jewellery or maybe even a nice week abroad but I got a £37,000 Mercedes what more could I ask for :D

If only I could have both

A

Anonymous

I think if you handed a £37,000 window sticker to most people on the street and told them to walk up to both the SLK and the RCZ and put the sticker on which car they thought was the most expensive & stylish looking, i think most would would slap it on the RCZ. It's just got that LOOK about it. :crazy:

£37,000 and you aint even got a roof !!! :lol:

Only kidding it is a great car, and i do like white, not so sure about showing it of next to wheelie bins though. :eusa-think:
Pity you couldnt of had both as you say, you could of used the SLK for going to Asda and the RZC for a trip to M&S. :dance:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Wow, what a fantastic birthday present. I've always had a thing for the SLK too. You are one lucky lady and it's in the right colour too :thumbup:

Enjoy your new baby - I'm sure you will :beer:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I think if you handed a £37,000 window sticker to most people on the street and told them to walk up to both the SLK and the RCZ and put the sticker on which car they thought was the most expensive & stylish looking, i think most would would slap it on the RCZ. It's just got that LOOK about it. :crazy:

£37,000 and you aint even got a roof !!! :lol:

Only kidding it is a great car, and i do like white, not so sure about showing it of next to wheelie bins though. :eusa-think:
Pity you couldnt of had both as you say, you could of used the SLK for going to Asda and the RZC for a trip to M&S. :dance:

I know the pics are a bit rubbish :lol:

I'd actually say I'v had better comments about the SLK than the RCZ a few people said the RCZ was nice but it didnt quite get the comments and looks from strangers that I was expecting. Yesterday my neighbour 3 doors along came over when I was out playing with my new toy and asked if he could borrow some money, as I'd clearly won the lottery because I was driving a Mercedes Sports car :lol:

As I said in my other posts both cars are great

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Wow, what a fantastic birthday present. I've always had a thing for the SLK too. You are one lucky lady and it's in the right colour too :thumbup:

Enjoy your new baby - I'm sure you will :beer:

Thanks RCZ1 im absolutely loving it. Its still such a shock as its the first time anyones ever bought me a car as a gift (and what a car it is) Im still trying to let its sink in :crazy:

How are you enjoying your RCZ RCZ1?

Unfortunately since saturday the weathers not been great so I'v not had a proper chance to get the roof down and enjoy a good run. Hopefully at the weekend I might get out for a good long drive and take some nice pics in the countryside :D

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think the closest I'll ever get to someone buying me a car as a present will be one of those model cars :D

If my husband had his way we would only have one car, he does not think I need to have a car of my own, which is why I buy my own cars :thumbup:

I'm still loving my RCZ. Makes me smile every time I look at her and drive it :thumbup:

That's one thing I do miss on a nice sunny day though - the ability to drop the roof and just cruise ;)
And you get a lovely tan in the summer :thumbup:

I'd like to see more pics when you get chance and of the interior. Enjoy :dance:

FGRob

Reaction score
My brother runs a 350 in black, looks the part goes very well but not so good on the fuel. :shock:

Interesting swop but you must have hidden your car if you did not get many comments, I still get people looking, pointing and taking photo's of my car but never heard my brother say he had the same reaction.

Any way it's a great present and Happy Birthday - oh to be 40 again. :crazy: :crazy:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
My brother runs a 350 in black, looks the part goes very well but not so good on the fuel. :shock:

Interesting swop but you must have hidden your car if you did not get many comments, I still get people looking, pointing and taking photo's of my car but never heard my brother say he had the same reaction.

Any way it's a great present and Happy Birthday - oh to be 40 again. :crazy: :crazy:

Rob.

Hi rob thanks for your nice comments, yes the Mercedes is a bit greedy on fuel.

I got a a lot of comments on the RCZ but mainly from people I knew, I had a few strangers saying nice car in petrol stations and car parks plus I did notice people on the street having a good look but never quite the same as many of you on here have experience. I never had any pointing or photo taking :thumbdown: although there was 5 or 6 RCZ's in my area when I got mine so maybe most people had already seen them :cry:

Thank you im very happy with it indeed, oh to be 40 again? I wish I was 30 again :lol:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I think the closest I'll ever get to someone buying me a car as a present will be one of those model cars :D

If my husband had his way we would only have one car, he does not think I need to have a car of my own, which is why I buy my own cars :thumbup:

I'm still loving my RCZ. Makes me smile every time I look at her and drive it :thumbup:

That's one thing I do miss on a nice sunny day though - the ability to drop the roof and just cruise ;)
And you get a lovely tan in the summer :thumbup:

I'd like to see more pics when you get chance and of the interior. Enjoy :dance:

Glad your enjoying the RCZ :D My husbands not usually a big spender on gifts which was why it was such a shock :crazy:

Here's a pic of the interior RCZ1 its not the best but I'll get a few more at the weekend hopefully.

FGRob

Reaction score
I can only dream of 30, then my mind goes blank. :crazy: :wtf:

There's not that many where I live hence the looks, I have to be careful as my mother in-law saw one the other day going into our local Tesco, thought it was me, but the blonde sitting in the passenger seat was a bit of a surprise to say the least. :wtf: :wtf: :eusa-think:

Actually for my wifes 40th I brought her a present she always wanted - a dinosaur egg - only a couple of million years old, how's that for a bit of romance :thumbup: :dance: :helpme: :crazy:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Oh that's just bliss - neck heaters or whatever they are called - such luxury :thumbup:

Its called the airscarf system not a proper chance to try it out but its highly recommended on the Mercedes Convertibles :) Im sure I'll have the roof down a lot more often than I did in my previous Astra Twin top convertible :dance:

A

Anonymous

FGRob said:
I can only dream of 30, then my mind goes blank. :crazy: :wtf:

There's not that many where I live hence the looks, I have to be careful as my mother in-law saw one the other day going into our local Tesco, thought it was me, but the blonde sitting in the passenger seat was a bit of a surprise to say the least. :wtf: :wtf: :eusa-think:

Actually for my wifes 40th I brought her a present she always wanted - a dinosaur egg - only a couple of million years old, how's that for a bit of romance :thumbup: :dance: :helpme: :crazy:

Rob.

that could get you in some serious trouble rob :lol:

Well I was the 4th white RCZ in my fairly small town and one of the other white RCZs was always parked outside a shop in the town centre so im sure everyone had a good look at that one as he got his last August as far as im aware.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Does it have a built in / pop up wind defectlor too?

My first convertible didn't have a wind deflector but my last car did and it makes such a big difference. You don't get any wind in the cabin with the deflector :thumbup: Much better driving experience :D