What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

The 'My Peugeot' website thinks my GT is a Sport !!!

dr29dr29

Reaction score
Whilst sitting waiting at the local Peugeot dealer recently I picked up a leaflet explaining that if I signed up for the ‘My Peugeot’ website it would ‘tailor your ownership experience to suit you’.

It says all you have to do is enter in the VIN number from your car and it will ‘automatically pre-populate (?!) with information about your vehicle’. So I did ............

I put in the VIN, and imagine my surprise when the page did indeed ‘pre-populate’ BUT was very insistent that my RCZ THP 200 GT was in fact a RCZ THP 200 Sport !!!!

However much I tried to change the Sport into a GT it just wouldn’t let me. So I emailed Peugeot customer services to ask them to change it.

It was at this point that the panic started to set in as their reply was also rather insistent that according to their records my car was definitely a Sport !

I tried to point out that I had bought it from their dealer in Milton Keynes on the understanding that it was a GT.
That the dealer’s invoice described it as a GT.
That the invoice for the last service carried out by their dealer in Tewkesbury described it as a GT.
The V5 from the DVLA described it as a GT.
The car has a leather interior and not a cloth one, which would also suggest that it is a GT.

But no . . . . . it was still a Sport according to Peugeot.

Thankfully after sending them a photo of the information labels on the bodywork by the door which also describe it as a GT, a very helpful Customer Relations Manager took the trouble to look into the issue as I was definitely beginning to get quite concerned by now.

And finally . . . . . I now have an answer.

It would appear that the ‘My Peugeot’ database is linked to the main Peugeot France database and so doesn’t actually recognise the GT model, as it is in effect a special variation only available over here.

There is no way to alter the information on the ‘My Peugeot’ website - but I have been assured that as far as Peugeot UK are concerned . . . . my GT is most definitely a GT.

Phew !!!!!! How relieved was I ?

Hope this helps anyone else coming up against this.

David

A

Anonymous

Thanks David for doing the ground work for me :thumbup:
I registered mine a while back and it said mine was a Sport too, didn't think much of it and just thought useless website, but thanks for getting an explanation for us all, will let the website off for now :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yeah this has been a problem with "My Peugeot" from the start. Other members have encountered the same problem.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Yeah this has been a problem with "My Peugeot" from the start. Other members have encountered the same problem.
My thoughts on this are same as yours RCZ1. It has been mentioned and resolved previously. What is surprising though is that Peugeot UK did not immediately put David's mind at rest by explaining the French connection, instead of compounding his concerns by agreeing with the "My Peugeot" site.

dr29dr29

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
My thoughts on this are same as yours RCZ1. It has been mentioned and resolved previously.

Well I'm sorry that I had to go through all that the long way round too !

Particularly as I did try the obvious route first of looking on this forum to see if anyone else had encountered the same issue - but was told by the search engine here that it wouldn't search for the words "My Peugeot" . . . . as they were too common !!!!! Ha !

David

A

Anonymous

In Australia there is no Gt or sports models. So it seems that specific models on each car are region specific.