What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

The great parking sensor rip off!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Hi all
one of the sensors on the front bumper is dented which caused the parking assist system to fail. i didnt spot the sensor damage and booked my car in at the dealer for them to fix it under warranty.

a few hours later i got a call to say that the sensor was physically damaged and not covered by warranty. ok i thought shouldnt cost too much to put right.
how much? is ask the dealer.
£198 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

its the size of a five pence piece!!!! how can this be right?

does anyone know of an alternative / cheaper solution or are we stuck with peugeot dealer prices?

cheers

A

Anonymous

It does sound like a lot of money for something small I agree. But on the other hand it's not the size you're paying for it's the functionality.

I suppose there are aftermarket sensors (or even potentially from the same manufacturer as they won't be in house) but it's integrating it with the system and calibrating I presume you'll be paying the majority of the money towards.

How was it physically damaged may I ask?

A

Anonymous

That has got to utter garbage. I had new sensors 4 of them, painted white to match the bumper, all the wiring loom with the audible speaker fitted to my new car as it didn't have any! All labour parts the lot for £230. Looks like their charging for the whole lot?

A

Anonymous

£150 of that Will be down to labour costs £8 part the rest VAT.

A

Anonymous

JWT said:
How was it physically damaged may I ask?

i honestly don't know how it was damaged. the system was working fine all day. 10 mins after i left a friends house (reversed out with system working fine) i slowed coming to a set of traffic lights. as i crawled to a stop and put the car in 1st gear my small display came up with a message along the lines of parking system error. i heard no noise of impact or anything. now when i go into reverse i get the same error and get no picture of the car on the sat nav screen. i've turned the system off for now.

the sensor has a dent right in the middle of it. unbelievable accuracy :?

the dealer diagnosed the fault as this one sensor.