What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

The day from HELL

A

Anonymous

Well ... this is how my day went ... it's not the dealers fault .... they have been fantastic

Good Afternoon Jamie,

Following a phone call I received from Dave to call down to see my recently delivered RCZ, that I was due to collect tomorrow, I was informed and shown that damage has occurred to the vehicle to the chassis and sill. This damage you have informed me was caused in the RDC Centre where the vehicle had been jacked up to repair a flat tyre.

As I am purchasing a brand new vehicle, with a value of £27,000 – I would not expect to purchase a new vehicle which has been recently damaged and then repaired and therefore I am informing you that I, under no circumstances, would be prepared to accept or take delivery of this vehicle.

As you have registered the vehicle in my name already (in advance of my collection tomorrow), can you please de-register my name immediately, seeing as I have not touched or sat in this vehicle as yet.

Following on from the meeting with you this afternoon, I know that you too are as disappointed as I am, seeing as this would have been the first RCZ to be collected from CEM Days. I also know all the hard work Dave and you put in to make this happen on my behalf, you are both a credit to the Peugeot dealership, but as explained to you, when you asked me what I would like to do next, I did not want to cancel my order but I did not want to wait a month for another new vehicle to arrive. On showing me the stock that is available in the UK, which all meet the specifications of my vehicle, I said that I would be prepared to continue with the purchase of a new RCZ, but it would all depend on Peugeot and how they react to this situation. I am sure they would be able to get me a new vehicle, and that is what I would expect. So could you please ask Peugeot to come back to you with a new delivery date and we can go from there.

Yours Sincerely

A

Anonymous

Really sorry to hear this,what damage has the car sustained?

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
Really sorry to hear this,what damage has the car sustained?

When I ordered the car, I tried a few dealers and the only dealers that seemed interested were CEM Days. They realised that I was not a trier but a buyer and took me serious from day one. They did everything in their power to get me a vehicle and did a fantastic job in sourcing one and getting one down to me very quickly.

They were expecting the car to be shipped from the RDC Centre but were informed that it had a flat tyre during shipment, but it would be repaired and shipped to me very quickly. They received the car early this week and I just popped in on Tuesday and the vehicle was there. They confirmed to me that I could take delivery of it on Friday and I think they were as excited as I was! They said that they would put it through the normal PDI, diamond bright and all the other things that needed to be done. They were organising to ensure that all the right people were there for the handover.

Then today, I get the call......................

After inspecting the car, there was a 4 - 6 inch split between the chassis and floor pan where some 'monkey' on changing the tyre had put a trolley jack where it shouldn't have been, leaving a fist sized dent in the underneath of the car and the split was so evident that they would not hand it over in this condition. It is so very disappointing. I am sure, from the conversation with the sales manager today, they are as disappointed as me. The letter I posted was a bit to the point, but as said earlier, it definately is not the dealers fault.

I am sure Jamie will move heaven and earth tomorrow to get this sorted and I hope Peugeot react quickly and get me a vehicle, more than promptly, seeing as they have stock of the same spec within the UK. So let's see what happens...................

So any Peugeot exec's reading this, you now know what you need to do.

A

Anonymous

That's an awful situation to be in. Most of us are on this forum praying for an early delivery date. Hadn't occured to me that something like this could happen.

I hope it's sorted for you soon.

FGRob

Reaction score
God that was a lucky break for you, just think if they had not come clean you would have been running around in a car that was not really fit for the road - top marks to the garage for owning up to you. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'll check my car first thing in the morning :crazy: :crazy:

All I can say after today - it's worth the wait, the car drives 10 times better than the test drive and that was great, I'm sure Peugeot will come good for you ;)

Rob

RCZ1

Reaction score
God that's bad news. I really feel for you. Hopefully Peugeot will do the right thing and get you sorted in next to no time. :(

A

Anonymous

sorry about your bad news just checked my car is at showroom cant pick it up till the 1st of september will be going over it with a fine toothcome

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear what has happened. I was about to edit the post to delete the dealers name under the forum "naming and shaming" rule but to be honest reading this it is all praise for the dealership. I hope they can sort you a new car soon!

A

Anonymous

tonyrcz said:
Sorry to hear what has happened. I was about to edit the post to delete the dealers name under the forum "naming and shaming" rule but to be honest reading this it is all praise for the dealership. I hope they can sort you a new car soon!

I thought about not naming the dealer when putting the post up, but you have to give credit where credit is due. The dealer and the staff had worked very hard in making this happen and have been transparent throughout the process and in my experience in the past with other dealers, what they say and what they do are two totally different matters and it is just not brand specific, it is across all dealership networks.

It would have been easy for me to start blaming the dealership if they had not been so transparent and it had not missed the shipment from RDC due to the flat tyre, it could have quite easily have turned out the other way that they had simply just repaired the tyre and shipped the car to a dealer, the dealer would have been in a terrible prediciment, not knowing anything had been touched on the car and it had this amount of serious damage, which was not visible without inspecting the underneath. Can you imagine if this was missed on the PDI? There would have been a massive argument between the dealer and the customer which could have resulted in all sorts of arguments not mentioning if the car had become involved in an accident................

So like I mentioned earlier on, these guys are a credit to the Peugeot dealership and network.

A

Anonymous

hope i dont have any problems when i pick my gt up tomorrow m8 not long now just 1 sleep to go :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

WOW that was FAST

9.49am ..... I get a call from Dave at the dealers.

Jamie has found a new car and it will be with them in the next few days, They will be ready to PDI it as soon as it arrives and you can have it next week.

Now thats what I call TOP service .... and I wish to thank Jamie and Dave at DAYS ..... you have been fantastic. :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
That's fantastic news and all credit to Peugeot and its dealerships for pulling out all the stops for you. :thumbup:

Won't be long now before you can enjoy your new car :D

A

Anonymous

The HAPPY day :dance:

My new GT200 arrived at the dealers today .... I get to pick it up late thursday or friday morning :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thats good news - glad its all sorted. Post some pics when you get a chance

A

Anonymous

hi sorry to here about your car its made me think if what happens if you have a flat dont want cowboys just shoving a trolley jack anywhere under your car . i posted a thread to see if other rcz owners have any ideas about a spare wheel hope you get your car soon