What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

The codes from hell !

Pedro

Reaction score
Car runs lovely & smooth so all is good ? NO after several repeated delete fault code scans I got P0597-P15AO I have know found the Thermostat control which stopped the Air con working is also causing fuelling issues as the richness is too high which I'm thinking the ECU is being sent the wrong Temp data whereas coolant level & engine temp showing 90 (reaching 105) are normal but the control is showing a open loop so after some digging it appears the fault is inside the tank apparently it has an additional heater to heat up the wax inside so the ECU opens the Thermostat before the coolant has warmed at high Throttle maybe a new tank is the only cure & surprisingly I changed this unit on 44.633 & the car has only done 52.653 I'm thinking its a bit premature for this part to fail so early or am I wrong & are there many more PSA models out there with the exact same issue ?

Marmite

Reaction score
Beautiful cars plagued by so many problems had a boring old Vauxhall for 6 months now an never misses a beat iv opened the bonnet once to put screen wash in

Claret63

Reaction score
Beautiful cars plagued by so many problems had a boring old Vauxhall for 6 months now an never misses a beat iv opened the bonnet once to put screen wash in

yes had plenty of Vauxhalls, especially the VXRs, super reliable along with all the Citroens I have had, currently have one for my daily (Citroen) can’t even remember when l last put screen wash in lol

On a lighter note though, think the only Z which seems to be most troublesome is the1.6 thp….otherwise no different to any other car…..