What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

The benefits of using a wax or sealant

RCZ1

Reaction score
This video shows the benefits of using a wax or sealant to protect your car from the elements that the british weather throws at us ie rain, sun, snow, etc

Applying a wax or sealant leaves a protective layer on your paintwork which blocks uv rays thus reducing oxidisation, causes rain / water to bead and sheet as it sits on top of the wax keeping it held in suspension above your paintwork.

After washing your car and you rinse, it leaves very little standing water on your car making it much quicker and easier to dry and therefore reducing the risk of swirls and scratches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td6iPydh ... r_embedded

A

Anonymous

Cool K thanks for the info.

My next door neighbour who is just so bitter and twisted just because she doesn't have an RCZ reckons I've got OCD, not too sure what that stands for but bet it was invented by lazy people who don't clean their cars :lol:

Greg

RCZ1

Reaction score
IRONMAN said:
Cool K thanks for the info.

My next door neighbour who is just so bitter and twisted just because she doesn't have an RCZ reckons I've got OCD, not too sure what that stands for but bet it was invented by lazy people who don't clean their cars :lol:

Greg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just ignore them all. Even after all this time I still get comments from all my neighbours and they KNOW how obsessed I am about cleaning my car. The up side though is that my neighbours have now started to change their car wash routine. I gave them some car shampoo that I didn't use anymore and they know have a wash mitt. Unfortunately, they are still using a chamois leather and ONE bucket :!: Still these things take time, I suppose.

I have offfered to give their car a full detail some time, which they seem quite keen on.

A

Anonymous

Hi K
I popped home at lunch time to wash me girl which was all good but she looked all smeery afterwards! It was sunny, she also looked a bit swirly too!! blimey, what have I done wrong and how can I get rid of the smeers and swirls :?: . I put some more of the Autoglym HD wax on her at the weekend but it was late evening as I was wiping the wax off and the air was gettting moist so I don't think I got all of it off properly. Ive also washed all of me microfibre cloths as I think they had polish in them which ain't good I suppose if you're trying to polish it off the car :?:

I'm not using any electric polisher, all by hand at the mo. Is she smeery cause I ain't polished her off properly :?: :?: :eusa-think:

cheers

Greg

RCZ1

Reaction score
IRONMAN said:
Hi K
I popped home at lunch time to wash me girl which was all good but she looked all smeery afterwards! It was sunny, she also looked a bit swirly too!! blimey, what have I done wrong and how can I get rid of the smeers and swirls :?: . I put some more of the Autoglym HD wax on her at the weekend but it was late evening as I was wiping the wax off and the air was gettting moist so I don't think I got all of it off properly. Ive also washed all of me microfibre cloths as I think they had polish in them which ain't good I suppose if you're trying to polish it off the car :?:

I'm not using any electric polisher, all by hand at the mo. Is she smeery cause I ain't polished her off properly :?: :?: :eusa-think:

cheers

Greg

Greg man, you have it bad don't yer :!: Cleaning your car yet again. :lol:

The smeering might be because you haven't buffed the wax off properly. If you have swirls then you can use something like Autoglym Super Resin Polish to temporarily hide/mask the swirls. In the longer term it will need a machine polish.

When washing you must regularly rinse your wash mitt. Wash a panel, then rinse the washmitt, wash another panel, rinse washmitt, etc. You cannot be too careful.

I would keep different microfibre cloths for different jobs. Don't mix and match them. Have ones that you use for interior cleaning, one for buffing wax, one for buffing wheels, etc, etc. Then always put them in the washing machine when you have finished using them and then hang them on the line to dry.

When you do a "proper" wash at the weekend, do the full works, you'll probably find it will be much better. ;)

A

Anonymous

Hi K
Yes right case me. :crazy:

Thank you for the info, had a restless nite, apparently shouting out your name, yer know...normal thing :D

She appears not so smeery today and in fact looks stunning again, I'm so exited bout the weekend.. was telling me accounts manager (her that said me car was a girls car!!) what I was going to be doing on me birthday i.e. detailing (get me :geek: )....yup she thinks I'm mad, she however has a lovely Citroen Xantia :lol: never mind.....I had one once and loved the up and down lever for the suspension...but....I blew that up as well. :roll:

Struggling a bit to choose me outfit to foam up in....got some nice lycra cycling shorts which would do, trouble is they have a padded bottom which makes me look a bit like a white Tina Turner :wtf: ....o well, been called worse.

cheers and ciao

Greg

A

Anonymous

Struggling a bit to choose me outfit to foam up in....got some nice lycra cycling shorts which would do, trouble is they have a padded bottom which makes me look a bit like a white Tina Turner ....o well, been called worse.

cheers and ciao

Greg

Lycra cycling shorts ! no no no no no :oops: :oops:

RCZ1

Reaction score
IRONMAN said:
Hi K
Yes right case me. :crazy:

Thank you for the info, had a restless nite, apparently shouting out your name, yer know...normal thing :D

She appears not so smeery today and in fact looks stunning again, I'm so exited bout the weekend.. was telling me accounts manager (her that said me car was a girls car!!) what I was going to be doing on me birthday i.e. detailing (get me :geek: )....yup she thinks I'm mad, she however has a lovely Citroen Xantia :lol: never mind.....I had one once and loved the up and down lever for the suspension...but....I blew that up as well. :roll:

Struggling a bit to choose me outfit to foam up in....got some nice lycra cycling shorts which would do, trouble is they have a padded bottom which makes me look a bit like a white Tina Turner :wtf: ....o well, been called worse.

cheers and ciao

Greg

Good god man, I have a very unpleasant image in my mind at the moment................. I'm not feeling well :? :?
(You don't snow foam yourself by the way :eusa-think: )

As for shouting at my name ................... the number of men that do that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, glad its looking a bit better - the car that is. I'm sure it will be looking stunning at the weekend.

A

Anonymous

Cheers K that's made me giggle. :lol:

Yes looking forward to tomorrow morning. Weather here is going to be mainly sunny over the weekend so after cleaning I'm going to get some driving in.

catch up soon

G
p.s are you and hubbs going to Silverstone? I've got a bike race on that day but might blow it in favour or the doo...if we get preferential parking :roll:

RCZ1

Reaction score
IRONMAN said:
Cheers K that's made me giggle. :lol:

Yes looking forward to tomorrow morning. Weather here is going to be mainly sunny over the weekend so after cleaning I'm going to get some driving in.

catch up soon

G
p.s are you and hubbs going to Silverstone? I've got a bike race on that day but might blow it in favour or the doo...if we get preferential parking :roll:

Hi G

Unfortunately, we can't make Silverstone - got a wedding to attend. I know where I'd rather be tho :!:

A

Anonymous

I use MER on my classic cars and the shine and protection is brilliant, has anybody tried MER on a RCZ. Not bought a RCZ yet but my wife is just about to place an order for an automatic one very soon.
Don & Ann

t110jim

Reaction score
used mer on Triumph was very good and you could leave it on and not buff off for winter if stored,but I think things have come on a long way since then. Modern paint is water based and some of the new products suit this better