What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

the bee has been stung

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

stood behind a masda at a junction today, masda decided to reverse into my bee. new front grill and parking sensors required and bumper paint. not a happy bee. masda owner may not admit responsability.

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Thats awful news, I hope that you get it sorted & the Mazda driver comes clean.

May be its true about the the expression "Mazda" used in men behaving badly

A

Anonymous

oh no - that's terrible..... fingers crossed about them admiting liability.....

good excuse to get yourself the new feline pack grill though....... ;) every cloud and all that!!!

A

Anonymous

thanks a lot, car clinic is collecting it tomorrow, cant wait for the loan car its a 207, oh no. hope its not at the clinic very long. not keen on the feline grill so straight replacement.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear the bad news Bee. Hopefully the Mazda driver will do the right thing and accept responsibility for their actions.

I have had a 207 courtesy car for the last days and I can't believe how much I missed my RCZ.

FGRob

Reaction score
Bee

Sorry to hear this, but have you reported it to the Police, what reason was given for the guy reversing, you need to watch this as there are people who are deliberately causing accidents to make a claim, in fact the Police have a special unit looking at this type of situation.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

yes went to poice,they didnt want to know, the mazda driver is a director of his own sizeable company so dont think there is any fraud, no damage to his car. initially blamed me,even though i was stood. i couldnt hit the horn quick enough.

A

Anonymous

Same happened to me a few years ago, other driver stuck to his b******t story that i rolled into him, i actually saw his reversing lights come on, he even glanced in the mirror as i honked the horn but nope he was coming anyway. I fought with his insurance company for nearly 6 months, just totaly pointless, my no claims was protected but they still load you at renewal, as far as your own insurance is concerned, there has been a claim made against you. it's a nightmare if the one in front reverses and you just cannot prove it. :evil:

A

Anonymous

So sorry to hear this, Bee. As has been already said the liability usually falls on the person behind as it's thought THEY drove into the back of the other car, and without witnesses or this guy doing the honourable thing you could be on a hiding to nothing. Best of luck in getting it sorted :thumbup: .

FGRob

Reaction score
bee said:
yes went to poice,they didnt want to know, the mazda driver is a director of his own sizeable company so dont think there is any fraud, no damage to his car. initially blamed me,even though i was stood. i couldnt hit the horn quick enough.
To be honest if someone did that on me I would kick him in the nuts - then he'll have something to claim. :evil:

RCZ1

Reaction score
FGRob said:
bee said:
To be honest if someone did that on me I would kick him in the nuts - then he'll have something to claim. :evil:

Hey up there Rob - but then I would probably do the same :twisted:

This nearly happened to me once but I managed to slam on my horns to warn him to stop, which he managed to do in with a mm to spare. I hope you get it sorted soon bee and that the Mazda driver comes clean.

A

Anonymous

Oh no - big hugs to you. I'm without Flash as well - he's in getting fixed. I sympathise with u :-(

A

Anonymous

Make sure you get your fighting gloves on... Others Reversing into a car can lead to a very sticky battle.

A

Anonymous

thank all, no fighting just me paying via £600 excess , ouch.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear of your trouble Bee, hope you get a honest action from the lunatic who reversed into you.

A

Anonymous

Hi bee, I’m sorry to hear that your RCZ has taken a hit, with the possibility that the perpetrator won’t do the honourable thing and own up.

Recently my daughter drove into a parking space, only to find that it was too tight. She reversed out and drove to another. The car owner spotted her do this and after inspecting his car assumed my daughter had caused some damage. He duly noted her number and reported it to the police and his insurance company. The car owner said that she had hit his parked car on the offside. The police and the insurance company got in touch and she denied touching his car. The police took no further action, but her insurance company sent out an inspector who inspected her car for damage. The inspector found marks on her nearside front bumper which could have been caused by brushing up to another vehicle. In reality the marks were there previous to the so called incident caused by bushes. The insurance company would not accept her explanation and paid out on her behalf. :helpme: :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

jrs thanks for the advise but still waiting for ins feedback. my cars at the car clinic now being sorted, recon about a week.
supplied with a nisan micra curtesy car. shall not be using that much cannot find the sixth gear or the air con switch or the cruise control, this insurance thing is a total rip off, the genuine driver always has to pay. luckyly my ncd is protected

A

Anonymous

Yes bee, early days yet but good luck. Shame about the courtesy car. :lol: :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

I know this is poor timing but I ALWAYS leave a good 3 metres between me and the next car. Chilean drivers are dreadful and think nothing of doing a 3 point turn on a junction :shock: or REVERSING ON A MOTORWAY BECAUSE THEY MISSED THE TURN OFF :shock: :shock: :shock: It is also not a legal requirement to have car insurance :crazy: so any accidents you nearly always end up paying yourself. Sorry to hear about your misfortune but fingers crossed the jackass admits liability. I wouldn't kick the guy in the whatsits but might be tempted to sling a bit of brake fluid onto his Mazda if he sticks to his lies!

A

Anonymous

Hi ValleNorte, The type of action you describe is totally inappropriate and illegal in our country. :thumbdown: :greetings-wavingblue:

Status
Not open for further replies.