What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Test drove the RCZ R

Reaction score
Well guys & girls went off to test drive the RCZ R yesterday pulled up at the garage & there it was in white & looking very nice, went in to the showroom signed a piece of paper & thought right lets have the keys & let me loose, the young sales guy & I mean young went out & brought the car round to the front of the garage & the first thing I noticed was the beautiful sound off those exhausts sweet, he than came back in & said would you like to go & have a look around it so off we went he didn't let me have the keys :( can not think why, first thing I noticed was as soon as I sat in it the seats weren't electric they were manual (optional extra) the seats were very comfy & felt like an arm chair but it was just like seating in mine not much different, although i'm glad I've ordered the gear knob very nice, proceeded outside all very nice & I'm loving the fixed spoiler :eusa-think:, anyway the young lad comes out with the trade plates :) ok give me the keys lets get this baby on the round only to be told that we can only go round the block & he had to come with us great so hubby squeezed into the back, I jumped into the drivers seat & proceeded to start the car when cheeky git next to me said have you drove one of these before mate I own one I know more about these than you do :lol:, so after showing the youngster how to alter the door mirrors off we went around the block & I mean around the block I couldn't put my foot down as I was in traffic all the way :wtf: so I couldn't put the damn thing through it's paces what a joke, we were in that car for 10 mins, anyway got back to the garage & the youngster said well what did you think, what did I think!!! sorry mate that was not a test drive it was a farce I could have took mine round the block as it didn't drive any different to mine, really he said well yeah I couldn't get out of third for most of it so couldn't get to hear that exhaust note :(. so after they offered 11,000 for mine no thank you I jumped bk in mine with a :) on my face.

renegade79

Reaction score
Nonsense!! If anyone is gonna buy an R they should have the car on test for a lot longer!!

A

Anonymous

That sounds like the test drive I had in a new thp200, except I made the sales guy get in the back lol .... Eat window muppet. Short journey but I nailed it anyhow. Fancy that dealership allowing you to be dealt with by a newbie and telling him "only take them round the block lad" with their flagship car ..... It's an insult, you should have been extended every courtesy during the potential sale of such a car.. ... Fools

A

Anonymous

One tip Sharon. The upgraded seats are the very same ones that are in the current Z. No RCz R logo or anything. The standard seat that you saw feels better in my own opinion.

DanRo

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
Nonsense!! If anyone is gonna buy an R they should have the car on test for a lot longer!!

My test drive with the R was little bit over an hour and alone...
Just me, the open road and the RCZ "R" :dance:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Sounds like a disappointing testdrive :(

Mind you when i testdrove a Focus ST i couldn't even go off the lot cause it didn't have any license plates :lol:

A

Anonymous

Gone are the days of getting a car for a day for a test drive in the UK...its simples...it keeps the mileage down on the demonstrator..after all, they will have sell it to someone.."if you really want the car a short test drive will do" Dealers Philosophy" I have never had a test drive with the car to myself either..this is mainly down insurance companys now.

A

Anonymous

Absolutely. The dealer I bought mine from let me have the RCZ for a week and we currently have a DS3 from them for a week for my husband to try out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Maybe on run of the mill cars...but a RCZ-R is pretty expensive... :!: as Kerry says it can very,l know my sons dealership Audi Glasgow wont do drive alone test drives

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Audi let my OH have a Q5 for the day when he was looking. I think it varies between dealerships TBH. They all have different ways of doing things.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

Jaguar also let you do 24h test drive on the XF and I'm sure they'd let you do it on other models too...:

http://www.jaguar.co.uk/offers/xf-saloo ... drive.html

If it is a main dealer and you are a serious buyer of a brand new car, I would expect to have the car for 24h to evaluate it before purchase... Used cars maybe less so. but if you don't ask... :eusa-think:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
When I bought my gt200 in 2011, I drove at least 25 miles including major A roads, dual carriageways and some twisty(-ish) B roads.

Only going round the block is stupid. Either explain to them them that's exactly the right way to ensure you don't buy from them or find a better dealer.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I only test drove mine for about 10 minutes. Mainly because the car had no diesel and I was on busy unfamiliar roads. :(

It was still enough for me to buy it though. :D

Tomas_90

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
Maybe on run of the mill cars...but a RCZ-R is pretty expensive... :!: as Kerry says it can very,l know my sons dealership Audi Glasgow wont do drive alone test drives
BMW waved me off in a BMW Mx550d xDrive worth like 150.000 € on total ice roads with just a name on a paper just like that :lol: Audi were more picky tho as they wouldn't let me go out alone.