What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Test Drives this weekend

A

Anonymous

We're on the hunt for a replacement to the Focarse RS.

Got a couple of test drives booked in for later in the week. This one (if it hasn't been sold by then....)
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ogcode=flp
and
http://used.mercedes-benz.co.uk/amg/use ... le-st61oao

I'm leaning towards the Evoque - we've had some bad winters up here, we live in a small village where we have to drive on narrow unclassified roads. We have aging parents and a rapidly growing son that would need to get in and out of the back and the Merc has only 2 doors (but we'd probably order a 5 door Evoque in Colina lime if I get my way) and the Evoque's seats go down. I just feel the Evoque ticks more boxes than the Merc. Although the Merc, I'm assured is 'epic'.

But Steve is a petrolhead and wants the Merc and thinks the Evoque will be rubbish (although he likes the look of the Evoque ... they just "arent fast enough"!! Or he wonders if he should hold fire for new new RS4 Avant which would tick all the boxes?

Decisions decisions. In hindsight maybe the Evoque should have been MY motor.....

Bloody men .... if only all problems and dilemmas were this trivial.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Personally, I would go for the Evoque. I really like them and they are very economical, way better than my OHs Discovery 4.
I love them in white, but then I would lol. I'm trying to talk my OH into changing his for an Evoque as he is looking around for a new one at the moment, but he insists its a woman's car and not a man's !

Let us know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

http://www.carmony.co.uk/en/used-car/au ... pe_2959883 I Think this car beats both of the cars you show links too donna not as hair raising as the merc but has the 4 wheel drive quattro system its far better looking :cool:and better mpg same performance and far better made than the c63 coupe and i wont even comment on that handbag range rover :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I am firmly putting my weight behind the Audi RS range. The RS5 found by Jassy is really smart!! :thumbup:

Perhaps, for the sake of practiality, the RS4 would be a worthy contender?! Such nice cars, well built...and rapid!! :auto-car:

A

Anonymous

I would say the evoque is the much better car compared to the C63 AMG and does not sound as much of a chav car as the C63 AMG does (actually louder exhausts than you get in the SLS AMG which is saying something)

but me personally I would probably be patient and wait for the Audi RS4 Avant or something along those lines considering it will be the bets compromise between practicality and speed out of the three.

Or you can go down the route of Nissan GTR (second hand) which would be much faster than the C63 but offer some bad weather capabilities as the Evoque and with Nissan rock hard reliability.

or even if you feel like being a real chav you could get a Mitsubishi Evo X or a Subaru Impreza WRX STI but not very nice interior but amazing performance, handling and very good off road capabilities. (probably better than the Evoque in certain bad weather situations)

A

Anonymous

Woah there lads :-o ...... surely a £60K Merc isn't chavvy? The Focarse RS we have just now IS chavvy!!!!

Certainly won't be entertaining the Scooby, 'Bishi .....and the GTR just isn't new enough (I didn't think they were still in production??). We're wanting something AWAY from the boy racer stuff we're used to having, something a touch more, well, refined perhaps .... but still goes like STINK!

I personally am leaning towards waiting for the new Avant. The Evoque, in my opinion, is way too common already ... they're common as muck in Aberdeen now - especially white and black ones. Plus I think Steve will get bored of it too quickly as it's nae quick enough.

We'll see what happens at the weekend.........

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Woah there lads :-o ...... surely a £60K Merc isn't chavvy? The Focarse RS we have just now IS chavvy!!!!

Certainly won't be entertaining the Scooby, 'Bishi .....and the GTR just isn't new enough (I didn't think they were still in production??). We're wanting something AWAY from the boy racer stuff we're used to having, something a touch more, well, refined perhaps .... but still goes like STINK!

I personally am leaning towards waiting for the new Avant. The Evoque, in my opinion, is way too common already ... they're common as muck in Aberdeen now - especially white and black ones. Plus I think Steve will get bored of it too quickly as it's nae quick enough.

We'll see what happens at the weekend.........

Thats why a RS AUDI IS THE CAR TO HAVE :thumbup: and the C63 AMG coupe is very nice/slightly chave but highly impractical and petrol consumption is below 15mpg.. no matter how you drive.As for a Audi Rs4 Avant you will have to join the waiting list but if this suits by all means jump on the que :thumbup: or the 4 door Bmw M3 http://www.sytner.co.uk/bmw/used-cars/b ... hl=-277229

A

Anonymous

If you are driving on narrow unclassified roads how fast do you need to go??? Scottish weather, ageing parents, growing kids etc...obviously Evoque all the way. Or better still a full blown Range Rover. Will destroy the Audi or Merc for comfort on those roads.

A

Anonymous

Well the order has been placed.......

(drum roll please).....

for a Colina Lime Evoque :dance: .... Steve just can't decide whether to go for the diesel or petrol lump, not much difference in mpg really. But the salesman reckoned only baout 2% of Evoque sales are for petrols, so I reckon it will be the diesel. Pretty rapid considering..... I think it would just make a fool of my RCZ on a twisty road.

Anyway the Merc was amazing, but just not practical .... the roads are too busy to get the chance to 'open her up' right these days and the road surfaces are just too crap for crashing a £60K Merc into.

So Evoque won the day, took two test drives to seal it though. I can't believe he's gone for it to be honest .... diesel, 5 door, automatic, towbar(!!). My boy racer has turned into Grandad in the space of 24hrs :eusa-think: ..... So the RS (and 2 spare sets of alloys/wheels) are now on the market as the trade in value was a joke. So hope to sell it, buy a banger to keep him on the road until the expected arrival date of October. One last summer of fun before a hellish winter hopefully :lol:

..... I am prepared for him to be bored of it by this time next year and be thinking about trading it in for an S5 or something.... unless he gives me the Evoque and trades in my RCZ.....

A

Anonymous

So...you won him round then. Reckon I would have still gone for an RS in the Audi range. There are an awful lot of Evoques in Aberdeen these days but they are nice cars, not seen any in your colour choice though. Did he go for the "Dynamic" range? I haven't driven one but would like to. I think I would plump for the 240BHP petrol (just a shame that there are so few manual gearboxes...personally I justdon't get a thrill from driving an automatic but I imagine that this car benefits from the automatic box). Look forward to hearing how which one he chooses and will be interested to her which options he selected...alloys, roof options, seats and trim, if he was a big girl's blouse and elected for a heated steering wheel... :lol: etc

Had a quick look at building the one i would choose but by the time I was done it was well outta my price range sitting at a little over £50,000 :eek:

A

Anonymous

Nice choice and I am a big fan of the Evoque, made me laugh last week when Land Rover launched the Victoria Beckham edition in what is effectively the same matt finish as our RCZ !, really like the look of the VB special , but at £80k we will be giving that one a miss. Saw an Evoque in the lime green colour, looked quite striking and certainly a brave colour to choose. I was out in Japan last week and bought one of these beauties, they do a USB and Mouse in the shape of the Evoque and numerous other cars. No RCZ one yet though! These even come with working front and rear LED lights ! More info HERE

Attachments

• evoque.jpg
    evoque.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,854
A

Anonymous

I was out in Japan last week and bought one of these beauties, they do a USB and Mouse in the shape of the Evoque and numerous other cars. No RCZ one yet though! These even come with working front and rear LED lights ! More info HERE

[/quote]

That's awesome!!!

A

Anonymous

I gotta get Steve one of those!!!

From what I can remember, spec picked is....

2.2 Diesel, 5dr, Auto Dynamic with Lux pack
Towbar
Privacy Glass
Heating Steering wheel - I could believe he picked this either, but it was only £150
Different 20" wheels - they look 'brake dust' grey to me!
Black/green trim leather interior

I think it's just sitting proud of £50K too.

He was very tempted by the Firenze red but I reckoned the lime would hold a lot more dirt without looking dirty :eusa-whistle: and i think I'm still pinning for my Lacerta Yellow 207 a bit. I think he want's to stand out a little, hence why the black, grey or white was a no-no. Town and County have a blue one as demonstrator but it was just a bit wishy washy for us.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:

Towbar
Privacy Glass
Heating Steering wheel - I could believe he picked this either, but it was only £150

He was very tempted by the Firenze red but I reckoned the lime would hold a lot more dirt without looking dirty :eusa-whistle: and i think I'm still pinning for my Lacerta Yellow 207 a bit. I think he want's to stand out a little, hence why the black, grey or white was a no-no. Town and County have a blue one as demonstrator but it was just a bit wishy washy for us.

Check out Auto-Express this week, they have an extensive comparison of the 5 door Evoque, Audi Q3 and Volvo XC60, needless to say the Evoque wins hands down !

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:

Towbar
Privacy Glass

Sounds awesome!! There are a nice range of alloys on offer actually. I would add the privacy glas and the Lux pack is a cool option and one I added to my make believe Evoque. I think that it's good that you chose to go for one that's a bit different. :thumbup: There are freaking heaps of white, gray and black ones. I love blue cars but I totally agree with you about the one that you can get the Evoque in..it's a bit nothing. I do like that Firenze red though. I haven't seen a Colina Lime one on the roads so will keep a keen eye out for him when he gets it...mind you...i still haven't seen you!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've seen your colour online only but I do like the look of it AND it's a bit different from all the other Evoques too. The Diesel engine is great and the automatic system is good too. Put it into Sport mode and it does fly. Quite a few Evoques went whizzing by me last Saturday on the way home from the detailing day. They sure do shift.

Still trying to convince my other half to go have a look at one. Maybe one day…

A

Anonymous

The mind boggles :lol: Thought the posh of this forum would have gone for the VB POSH VERSION ;) I Just dont like this car the more i see it the more i dislikey honest i know :oops: each to their very own though :thumbup: incase donna you didnt see my posted photo ;) Its a Posh Asphalt Evoque

Attachments

• DJH WITH HER NEW SO RARE EVOQUE.jpg
    DJH WITH HER NEW SO RARE EVOQUE.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 2,819
A

Anonymous

Lime green defiantly different, if ur paying 50 grand why not go for a project khan range rover sport. Personally think the evouqe won't age well I'm already starting to dislike em. But hey wot do i know :eusa-shhh: With that kind of coin why not look at an almost new porker 911 :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

the like the evoques and the idea of them. I am not sure on how well it will age or badly but will be interesting to see how it ages over time.

also don't see the point of paying 80 grand for a matt grey evoque with a tan interior that comes with some luggage and a wallet for your log book with her signature on it stitched into it.