What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

test drive, Sydney

A

Anonymous

So I took this little pearler for a test drive today.

I have to say that some reviews I've read may have been by people who hadn't driven the car.

Some reviewers have said the 19" wheels are hard. They are a very nice ride :) Not at all harsh in suburban or freeway driving.

Other's have mentioned gear shift trickyness. But it felt as good or better then the BMW.

The clutch has been mentioned as well as possibly being too high. Although it is a little higher then the brake, I wasn't put out by it.

I pretty much felt at home in the cabin. The ride was 'higher' then I was thinking it maybe. If you've sat in an MX5 you may know my concern. Some sports car just feel so low and small it's almost dangerous on urban roads. I almost felt as 'high' as sitting in my 318. It's probably almost equal (black car in background).

The drive felt intuitive. I had no tricks with the gear change. The wheel felt firm. The light bit of acceleration I tried was very encouraging and with well mannered control :) I stuck to the speed limit, as I do. Then a highway patrol cruised by on the freeway. All good :)

A very enjoyable test drive. I look at that speedo that says 250km/h and think, this poor little car will never get much beyond half that. Sheesh.

And I know the car can do 230k, apparently, on a youtube clip.

Did I say I was impressed ? :)

A

Anonymous

Just pinched myself to check. Yes. I did buy it. It's being 'pre-delivered' :) Gotta wait a few days.

A

Anonymous

thanks. it's been a process to get to that decision i can tell you.

i've liked other sports car before, but without decent luggage space and burning too much fuel, i just never have had one.

the rcz fits those needs very well. i saw a fuel comparison to a hybrid and the rcz won !

i feel a small loss for rear wheel drive though. but considering how the car achieves what is does, the compromise is clearly worth it.

the practical/crazy car :)

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
mancer said:
thanks. it's been a process to get to that decision i can tell you.

i've liked other sports car before, but without decent luggage space and burning too much fuel, i just never have had one.

the rcz fits those needs very well. i saw a fuel comparison to a hybrid and the rcz won !

i feel a small loss for rear wheel drive though. but considering how the car achieves what is does, the compromise is clearly worth it.

the practical/crazy car :)

:) There are always ways to make it better, just visit us at http://rczperformance.com/ ;)

A

Anonymous

thanks for the shop link.

i like the quad exhuast look a lot.

but one advantage with the 2012 release is stainless steel exhaust. I'm sure I heard a soft note from the 2012 as oppose to the 2011, which was a little growlier.

so as much as i like the quads, i'm going to stick with the 2012 pipes.

i could be wrong about the steel, but from all the specs i checked that was a particular difference i noted.

i'll keep an eye on the shop though.

on a slightly related topic, the dealer is offering an allround sealer of the pearl white, the leather and the other trims. i'm wondering if it's worth the added expense.

they tell me the paint is sealed so no waxing is required. i'm looking into it before i decide.

richard.au

Reaction score
Considering I'm becoming a real bonafide rcz owner, I decided to re-register using a 'normal' name.

I'm Richard, from Sydney. I'll drop the anonymous moniker.

And when I actually get my car, I'll do a better pic :)

richard.au

Reaction score
Well, this is my RCZ as I picked her up from the showroom floor, detailed and ready to go.

The paint and upholstery have all been sealed, so hopefully that means a low maintenance, clean look for the future.

The maiden voyage home was a 100k mixed conditions drive that was very smooth (and a little high anxiety :) ).

I think a Lexus wanted to give me a run (he lingered a little as he passed on the freeway), but i was way to focused on the car to even think about it :)

Will try and do some locale pics later. Got to much to sort through just now. (getting rid of the stickers and dealer info is part of that).

More later.

Rue1

Reaction score
Welcome Richard you won't be sorry...I have just clocked 10,000km in mine and it has all been trouble free so far :)

A

Anonymous

:greetings-wavingblue: Welcome Richard you won't be sorry...I have just clocked 10,000km in mine to, and it has all been trouble free so far enjoy :beer:

richard.au

Reaction score
thanks for all the greetings.

hah. it's the first car i've owned that has it's own blog :)

and youtube fan club for that matter.

in fact, it's really my first cyber car. i was able to do a very detailed review of this car before even approaching it.

not sure what that means in the long run, just saying ;)