What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tensioner washer

MJZ

Reaction score
To all those of you that have changed the timing chain tensioner yourself. Can you please tell me if the washer, that comes with a new tensioner, does it sit flush with the engine block, in its own seat or does it sit proud of the engine block?

Why do I ask? When I removed the tensioner, the washer was not on it. I could just make out a washer sitting in its own recess within the engine block…see photo (it’s the best I could take but you can just make out the lines of a washer). But I couldn’t remove it, if it was the washer, it was stuck fast. I assumed it was the washer, as no other washer came off with the tensioner. I replaced the tensioner without a new washer. I don’t have any oil leaks or rattles and the engine runs fine.

So…does the washer sit in its own seat or not? Please, someone let me know….thank you

Attachments

• 7EFBB129-5D59-4115-B45E-C950AE79FD97.jpeg
    7EFBB129-5D59-4115-B45E-C950AE79FD97.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 6

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Go trawl the internet like you normally do!!
What’s your beef Plasma? a lot of your posts recently are tainted with sarcasm and bad vibes and it’s obvious you’ve thrown the teddy out over something have you ever thought why someone on another group has tried to hack you? Could it be because of your demeanour on there?
Just chill we’re all in love with this car if someone has a different view it’s not the end of the world.

Pedro

Reaction score
Nonsense I'm no narcissist although I suspect there are a few on here judging by the shite they keep posting

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Nonsense I'm no narcissist although I suspect there are a few on here judging by the shite they keep posting
I think your reply proves a point, if your not happy with what people are posting I would recommend moving on to a more likeminded group.
We just don’t need negativity.

Pedro

Reaction score
I think your reply proves a point, if your not happy with what people are posting I would recommend moving on to a more likeminded group.
We just don’t need negativity.
I don't like being slagged off as someone who gets their answers off the web I believe you have had a few digs yourself in the past maybe you should ban me off here as I have spent a lot of time researching my files to help others out which may have been wasted so you should make a decision that serves yours & the elitist members who don't like being answered back when they are so far up their backsides they can't see daylight

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't like being slagged off as someone who gets their answers off the web I believe you have had a few digs yourself in the past maybe you should ban me off here as I have spent a lot of time researching my files to help others out which may have been wasted so you should make a decision that serves yours & the elitist members who don't like being answered back when they are so far up their backsides they can't see daylight

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I just don’t get you? I’ve never seen anyone say you get anything off the web and I definitely haven’t said that and the only one who thinks they’re elitist is you mate no one can have an opinion without you throwing the teddy out your such a great mechanical genius how dare anyone question you?
When I’m getting members privately messaging me complaining about your attitude then it’s not just me that doesn’t like the tone of some of your interactions and when a new member asks a question and the only reply is you saying go find it on the web gives out such a bad impression and puts people off from posting questions.
The last time someone got banned must have been 7 or 8 years ago and he had the same rhetoric as yourself it’s not something we like to do but if your not happy then your better off taking your multitude of tool boxes and your 40 odd years of tinkering and go to one of the other groups you surely preach to or have they got fed up with your preaching too?