What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Temperature Reading at high revs

A

Anonymous

Hi all. Whilst driving from work tonight I decided to give the old rcz a mighty kick for once. The temperature gauge was in the middle as it normally rises and stays to. ( just had a new one fitted 3 months ago but that's a different story) anyway I pushed the car really hard right into the top revs through several gears and noticed the temperature gauge had actually dropped to the midway point between cold and the Middle where is always sits. After I backed off and slowed down the gauge rose again to the middle and stayed there for the rest of the journey. I've never pushed the car that hard before to the limits of the revs so just wondered if anyone had a reason for it based on the fact the sensor is so new.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Speed? Perhaps the increase in speed meant the airflow cooled the engine down showing a drop on the gauge ? :eusa-think: