What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tell us something surprising/interesting about yourself

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:
My brother and I hitch-hiked around Europe for 3 weeks back in '73 and I was in the kitchen of the Youth Hostel when he came in to say we'd been hired by 20th Century Fox as extras for French Connection II. We didn't get to meet Gene Hackman but I did sit opposite the baddie who exchanged one Air France bag with 'drugs' for another with 'money'. He constantly made jokes as we waited for cameras to be resited or other technical reasons and he sang "When Irish eyes are smiling" to me :D . Sadly we ended up on the cutting room floor (as we film stars like to say :lol: ) but at least we got hired for 2 days and got pay packets with the company's name on them. Our fee was enough to pay our train and ferry fares from Marseille to London and I always think of FC 2 as MY film :D .

I've got that on DVD... about what time during the flic? I'll have to dig it out and have a look! Btw - '73 is the year I was born... :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Mlbblue said:
BangorRCZ said:
My brother and I hitch-hiked around Europe for 3 weeks back in '73 and I was in the kitchen of the Youth Hostel when he came in to say we'd been hired by 20th Century Fox as extras for French Connection II. We didn't get to meet Gene Hackman but I did sit opposite the baddie who exchanged one Air France bag with 'drugs' for another with 'money'. He constantly made jokes as we waited for cameras to be resited or other technical reasons and he sang "When Irish eyes are smiling" to me :D . Sadly we ended up on the cutting room floor (as we film stars like to say :lol: ) but at least we got hired for 2 days and got pay packets with the company's name on them. Our fee was enough to pay our train and ferry fares from Marseille to London and I always think of FC 2 as MY film :D .

I've got that on DVD... about what time during the flic? I'll have to dig it out and have a look! Btw - '73 is the year I was born... :eusa-whistle:
Sadly we don't appear in the finished movie. My brother was just here and we were discussing it and he watched it again recently determined to see us but of course we STILL weren't there :lol: . No matter, the experience was great, even though at the tender age I was then, I'd never heard of Gene Hackman and thought it was a woman!

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Well I have some great motoring experiences over the years.

In the good old days they used to hold fleet days at race circuits for fleet managers to test out the cars & have a very good time.

At Donnington park was asked to sit in with Russ Swift who is a top class auto-test driver & did the Rover demonstration driving on two wheels & handbrake parking between two cars with only inches to spare.

I also won a prize that entailed me spending two days with Prodrive in Banbury & had the ultimate experience of riding shot gun with the late great Colin Mcrae through a special stage.

This was videoed & given to me along with lots of other goodies.

The video is fantastic although I have the biggest grin on my face :D from start to finish, I also beat him & Pierre Liatte at Sega rally & won a bottle of champagne.

It was a fabulous experience. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Also spent a day with the late Richard Burns on a Caterham day down at Brooklands racing around a series of cones to see if anyone could beat him which of course nobody could get close but it was a great fun in trying.

A

Anonymous

Im playing a 24 hour charity football match at a club in aberdeen.

standard 11 a side too with 5 rolling subs... so it will litterally be a team of 16 playing for 24 hours...

All in the aid to help the Dochas Trust out in Malawi :) should be good fun for a good cause!

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Im playing a 24 hour charity football match at a club in aberdeen.

standard 11 a side too with 5 rolling subs... so it will litterally be a team of 16 playing for 24 hours...

All in the aid to help the Dochas Trust out in Malawi :) should be good fun for a good cause!
Sounds exhausting but well done for agreeing to take part, and good luck :thumbup: .

A

Anonymous

:eusa-whistle: not everyday you get to pretend to be a football player hehe

Its a good cause so that will spur us all on.
:eusa-think: :eusa-think: what else interesting...

Left school and instead of doing the uni thing I got an apprenticship as a Structural Designer and studied for my degree at night...

No Parties, No booze ups and hard graft..

But a nice RCZ on the drive now so guess its worth it :lol:

A

Anonymous

Work in Air Traffic Control at Gatwick Airport (been doing job for nearly 26 years :thumbup: )

Had 2 trials with Liverpool FC in my youth, failed miserably BOTH times :brickwall:

Again in my youth, I got knocked down by Kevin Keegan on his way to pick up his Liverpool Echo Player of the Year award. I ran out in front of him (he couldnt avoid me). This was the week he first appeared in the "Green X Man" adverts :wtf:

After 19 years together, me and the mrs decided to get married (didnt want to rush it ;) ), so we went off and got "done" in Cuba (3 years ago)

A

Anonymous

Had open heart surgery at the age of 13 (was born with a heart condition) was house bound for like 4 months

currently at university studying business studies

played drums for a year (instructor was terrible he would only teach me the basic rock beat which is really easy to do so I quit due to him being useless)

I have been lucky enough to sit in and start up a Bugatti Veyron that was for sale £1,000,000 (was shocked to find the car keys were from a Bentley GT lol)

My driving instructor taught the guitarist from the band Kasabian to drive (before the guitarist got famous that is)

and I have driven an Aston Martin DBS (2010) and a Porsche Cayman S Porsche Design 1 (2008) in a large business park car park before but sadly were not my cars :(