What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tech help required

Cycle Guy

Reaction score
This is a question for onwners that have a good uderstanding of how to readand understand scan tool data. I have a 2015 HDI with very low miles I have been trying to find out why I keep getting the engine malfunction message I have run my Autel AP200 scan tool and at Idle I have 85.9 absolute throttle position which looks off to me so can anybody explain what may be going on with this high reading ?
Thanks

Pedro

Reaction score
Vicious circle this one could be MAF not metering enough air showing actual HP on the scan poss throttle position sensor as per 89.5 ?
Have you changed the fuel filter lately ? This also can be picked up by fuel pressure issues

Cycle Guy

Reaction score
Vicious circle this one could be MAF not metering enough air showing actual HP on the scan poss throttle position sensor as per 89.5 ?
Have you changed the fuel filter lately ? This also can be picked up by fuel pressure issues
Hi there pedro yes fuel filter has been changed MAF has been cleaned Map has been replaced with a OEM part I have also taken off the inlet manifold and given it a real good clean along the EGR valve and have also cleaned the injectors

Pedro

Reaction score
Gonna post this from the depths of my files I'm not saying it is that sensor but they can suffer electrical problems which sends wrong signals to the ECU hence the exact position of the pedal is out of sync & with the EML on intermittently it suggest malfunction just might be electrical?
I know from past experiences with a Fiat they can be a real pain the fault I was chasing was a lumpy idle but ended up replacing the complete throttle body £153+& that was about 9 yrs ago so is it or isn't it the sensor ?

Attachments

• Throttle position sensor faulty.PNG
    Throttle position sensor faulty.PNG
    295 KB · Views: 9

Cycle Guy

Reaction score
Gonna post this from the depths of my files I'm not saying it is that sensor but they can suffer electrical problems which sends wrong signals to the ECU hence the exact position of the pedal is out of sync & with the EML on intermittently it suggest malfunction just might be electrical?
I know from past experiences with a Fiat they can be a real pain the fault I was chasing was a lumpy idle but ended up replacing the complete throttle body £153+& that was about 9 yrs ago so is it or isn't it the sensor ?
I have been doing a little reading on my problem and trying to get a understanding of what might be going on.I also put my Torque pro dongle in tonight and done a little testing and noticed that the 89.5 reading did not change one bit when I was using the accelerator pedal when looking at live graphing ? Am I right in thinking the sensor is in the pedal ? Thanks for your input

Cycle Guy

Reaction score
As you can see I have had the inlet off and also changed all 3 of the electro valves for new OEM parts

Attachments

• F264B5A3-2CA2-4D3B-A666-ED9B7CE4FD1D.jpeg
    F264B5A3-2CA2-4D3B-A666-ED9B7CE4FD1D.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 9