What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Taken the R on a short Break..

jr4070

Reaction score
So.. Decided to pop to Cornwall. Been on the M4 and M5 for 2 hrs now.. Not 1 Z seen at all. I have had two thumbs up from passers by mind you..Matching suit cases is essential..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I hope you posted this at a rest area! :lol:

I haven't taken mine on a long trip yet. Is it comfortable?

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
We're away in Tenby this week.
Nearly 6 hours without getting out.
Started getting a bit of wrist and knee ache at the end but more than comfy enough.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Car looks great mate.

Yep, everything is pretty far away in Australia so quite a few long trips already. My only comment is the seat base is not quite as soft as pugs of old, other than that no complaints.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
One thing I have noticed withe the R, is that the seat is higher than it was in the HDI. Even with it set to its lowest. Its taking a bit of getting used to.

jr4070

Reaction score
I agree. At 6 ft 4 I have great dificulty in getting really comfortable.. but...., its not like we are sitting on an old orange box..

jr4070

Reaction score
Spot the cool car..

jr4070

Reaction score
No Z s seen today at all. 4hrs of driving!

jr4070

Reaction score
So we have just returned from Cornwall.
We drove from near Chippenham in Wilts.
Took the M4, M5, A30 to Padstow. Whilst in Cornwall we went to St Austell and St Ives.
I saw 2 Peugeot 205 Rallyes a 205 CTi and a 5 door 205 from Holland. I returned back up the motorway system and was hassled to "race" by all types of German PCP leased cars ( challenges all ignored) then dagerously undertook by a Fiat 500 who had to pass.. 90 mph was just not his scene, luckily I clocked him as I was just about to leagaly change lane into his path!
I saw NO RCZs. Not one. It is soo good driving a non standard, exotic ....
Below is my average fuel and speed etc.. I didn't kick the ass out if it, but I did enjoy some of the open roads( not many of those in cornwall in August..)

Abzynthe

Reaction score
That's very similar to the places I go when I'm down there. If you ever want to see a few RCZs, just come to Peterborough :lol: There is even a couple of Rs around here, another one being Mercury Grey! (Although I personally havent seen it, but my dad has a few times, thinking it was me.)

MPG doesnt look bad at all. I'm averaging 27, but its purely short trips around town. I've had it for a month and only done 280 miles. 80 of that was driving it home when I bought it.

JvdBosch

Reaction score
The R is surprisingly economical. I'm using some hypermiling techniques on it, as I'm used to that with our other car and I average over 41 MPG. Occasionally I floor it but most time I just cruise on the highway with the speed limiter set to 115kph.

Here's my current consumption: https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/812207.html