What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tail pipe finisher

nicpy

Reaction score
I am looking for the exhaust tail pipe `finisher or trim`, It is of course the twin outlet version. I wondered if anybody who has upgraded to the four pipe exhaust system now has one of these collecting dust? :thumbup:

nicpy

Reaction score

......and this is where the tail pipe `finisher` went!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, nice one :thumbup: looks good I've thought of doing the same how did you mount it? Is it a dummy or have you had a custom exhaust fitted to in? :eusa-think:

nicpy

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Hi, nice one :thumbup: looks good I've thought of doing the same how did you mount it? Is it a dummy or have you had a custom exhaust fitted to in? :eusa-think:

Well my initial thoughts about this was if ever a car suited quad pipes, this is it!

Looking at the custom made ones at around £300, which to me don`t have any advantage, either in power or anything else come to that, they maybe a lot noisier. So my thoughts went towards creating a dummy twin on the O/S. New from Peugeot the tail pipe finishers are around £150, but with a question on here in the for sale and wanted, I got hold of a second hand set.

Fitting was a case of removing the lower rear bumper section complete with fog light/ reverse light unit. Using stainless steel strip to make a couple of right angle brackets and secured with nuts and bolts through the rear part of the spare wheel well. Then used what had now become a spare captivated nut for the bumper section for a small shaped lower steady piece. Using a template made from the original N/S cut out for the exhaust, I cut out a matching piece for the new O/S dummy.

The photograph I took perhaps didn`t show it at its best, the used finisher I think came off a petrol car and there was a certain amount of staining on the lower part of each pipe, this has now been polished out and both look as good as new.