What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sympathise with me please

HARWOOD

Reaction score
Hi All.
Having returned to my beloved RCZ on Thursday of last week, I was met with this. :evil:

No notes left on the windscreen, nobody in sight and no CCTV. How can people do this and no accept responsibility?
I contacted my insurance company (esure) and will obviously have to pay the excess (£200.00) but will have to use their approved repairers who are not Peugeot approved. Peugeot have informed me that if I don't use a Peugeot approved repairer then this could invalidate my warranty. If I choose to use a Peugeot approved repairer then this is going to cost me an additional £200.00 on top of the £200.00 excess.
A note too all. Please check your insurance policy carefully.

Peter.
PS Donations are very welcome ;)

Attachments

• RCZ damage (800x600).jpg
    RCZ damage (800x600).jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 1,368

RCZ1

Reaction score
I would be loathe to go through my insurance company seeing how you don't have anyone to claim against. This is going to cost you more in the long run as your insurance company will bump up your insurance premium as it is a claim. Can you not get the work done yourself avoiding insurance company?

HARWOOD

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
I would be loathe to go through my insurance company seeing how you don't have anyone to claim against. This is going to cost you more in the long run as your insurance company will bump up your insurance premium as it is a claim. Can you not get the work done yourself avoiding insurance company?
Well I took the liberty of obtaining a quotation from a Peugeot approved repairer and it came out at - are you ready...
£1151.04 :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Harwood, where do you live?

I was involved in a hit and run in April, someone cut right across me and as I pulled over they drove off down a side road. I was quoted £600+ by Peugeot, I could have used the insurance but due to my age the excess was (i think) about £400 then you are stung with something not your fault for the next 5 years of insurance!!

The reason I ask where you are is a friend of mine owns a garage and put me in touch with a body repair friend of his who did it all for £280 (again thereabouts, i can't remember exactly) Looks as if nothing ever happened so if you are in a local area I can pass your contact details on. The only issue would be if a new panel was needed, mine could be fixed rather than replaced which is why I took that option :)

Absolutely gutted that it has happened for you though, I always park miles away from anyone and regularly check on my car when I am at home...next house will have a garage ;-)

RCZ1

Reaction score
HARWOOD said:
RCZ1 said:
Well I took the liberty of obtaining a quotation from a Peugeot approved repairer and it came out at - are you ready...

Crazy pricing !

Have you tried another Peugeot garage - may be worth a try perhaps?

HARWOOD

Reaction score
newton41986 said:
Harwood, where do you live?

I was involved in a hit and run in April, someone cut right across me and as I pulled over they drove off down a side road. I was quoted £600+ by Peugeot, I could have used the insurance but due to my age the excess was (i think) about £400 then you are stung with something not your fault for the next 5 years of insurance!!

The reason I ask where you are is a friend of mine owns a garage and put me in touch with a body repair friend of his who did it all for £280 (again thereabouts, i can't remember exactly) Looks as if nothing ever happened so if you are in a local area I can pass your contact details on. The only issue would be if a new panel was needed, mine could be fixed rather than replaced which is why I took that option :)

Absolutely gutted that it has happened for you though, I always park miles away from anyone and regularly check on my car when I am at home...next house will have a garage ;-)
Thanks newton41986, I appreciate your kinds words. I am based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. The car was parked on the street where I work and there is no other place to park within the vicinity so I have no other option :thumbdown:

HARWOOD

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
HARWOOD said:
RCZ1 said:

Crazy pricing !

Have you tried another Peugeot garage - may be worth a try perhaps?
Another one earmarked for this Friday. Here's hoping for something slightly more digestible!!!

A

Anonymous

You have all of my sympathises. Not that that will make the situation any more palatable. I would be totally gutted if that was my car. Hope that the repair will not cripple your bank balance, but that initial quote would suggest that it very well might.

A

Anonymous

That's an alright price the quarter panel should get replaced, and if not the amount of things that need to be removed to do it would raise the price!

HARWOOD

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
You have all of my sympathises. Not that that will make the situation any more palatable. I would be totally gutted if that was my car. Hope that the repair will not cripple your bank balance, but that initial quote would suggest that it very well might.
Thanks 0058RON. Isn't life shity sometimes :police:

HARWOOD

Reaction score
daniellll.bee said:
That's an alright price the quarter panel should get replaced, and if not the amount of things that need to be removed to do it would raise the price!
I don’t think that the quote included a new quarter panel. The majority of the work as you say is to include the removal of so many parts and re-fitting. The quotation was quite extensive and the labour charge takes up most of the cost.
If only I could rewind back to Thursday and catch the bus instead :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I hate when bodyshops repair thing that cant be accessed from behind because they will just fill the repair!
I fear this happening will happen everytime I leave the car!

HARWOOD

Reaction score
daniellll.bee said:
I fear this happening everytime I leave the car!
Yes, you work hard, save hard and buy brand new (In my case). You anticipate the arrival with baited breath, you look after it which gives you a sense of pride, you spend time cleaning it, you spend money on the best cleaning products to keep it looking new and smile to yourself when somebody compliments you on it only for some complete and utter mother f_cking low life to come along and spoil the party. Why, Oh why do we bother :twisted:
Sorry but if you haven’t already guessed I’m a tad peed off!!!

A

Anonymous

I feel so sorry for you , Totally understand you feel so pi----off , i think we would all feel the same if it happened to us :thumbdown: hope you sort it out soon at a good price

HARWOOD

Reaction score
speedy lady said:
I feel so sorry for you , Totally understand you feel so pi----off , i think we would all feel the same if it happened to us :thumbdown: hope you sort it out soon at a good price
Thanks speedy lady - I feel your love :wave:

HARWOOD

Reaction score
JWT said:
HARWOOD said:
I am based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire.

Oh the kindness of the people in Funeaton. Sorry to see the damage :(
It happened in Birmingham where I work if that's what you mean???

A

Anonymous

Ah my mistake, I misread that!

To be honest my statement can be applied anywhere. :p

A

Anonymous

Firstly Harwood, I'm gutted for you. :(
I would be pig sick if that happened to me.
Can you imagine what you could do to a person that you saw doing that and then trying to creep away.
I know without a shadow of a doubt there would be fireworks. :twisted:
Young,old,male,female,big,small, I would'nt care.

This sort of thing is my biggest hate when it comes to owning a nice car, then again even if it were my old run around banger I would go ballistic on that person. :evil:

Anyway, M8 if it makes you feel any better (doubt it) my insurance company also charge above the excess if I do not use a repairer of their choice. :thumbdown:

A neighbour of mine just had one of those smart repair things done on a rear bumper, which was far worse than your damage, it only cost £120 and they have done a fantastic job.

I've been a bit critical in the past with this type of repair but after seeing this one very close up I'm now sort of swaying a bit.
Maybe worth you getting some quotes and checking one or two out.

A

Anonymous

Absolutely appealing Harwood and my heart goes out to you. It's sickening to know that there are drivers who are so irresponsible and unprepared to accept blame for their own actions.

I myself fell victim to similar actions a couple of years back, returning to my car in a supermarket car park to find a severe dent in the rear quarter panel and the paintwork removed to the metal. I elected to get this repaired privately in order not to affect my insurance premiums and because I could not claim against anyone else due to the lack of CCTV coverage or witnesses. I ended up paying £660 from my own pocket. A truly horrible and angering experience so I sympathise with you fully.

The price quoted by Peugeot seems a little outlandish. Have you tried getting estimates from elsewhere?