What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

supersprint exhaust

lionhart

Reaction score
hi it look's like supersprint are now makeing exhaust for the rcz.it's on youtube looks ok.not sure how to do a link to the site. :thumbup:
thank's tony. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pOTC1VzbTY[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

Think it will strugle against the Ruffer being quads.

A

Anonymous

sounds very nice though... unlike what i've heard from the Ruffer.

I think the RCZ Suits the more subtle rasp.

A

Anonymous

Yup, I think I would rather the Feline pack quads and no noise for the same price - if it twere available here in Australia *sigh*

FGRob

Reaction score
Glenn said:
Yup, I think I would rather the Feline pack quads and no noise for the same price - if it twere available here in Australia *sigh*
I might be able to help Glenn. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the offer, Rob but I know from a previous life the crippling cost of shipping things like that out to the colonies in onesies and twosies. I'll give Peugeot Australia a couple of months to see if they will be doing anything before I get too desperate.

Can't put a price on my own patience though because the one thing, the ONE THING that would have made this car absolutly perfect off the showroom floor would have been quad exhausts (and maybe Push to Start).

lionhart

Reaction score
on the supersprint web page if you look at the parts under development there could be quads on the way.but like rob said £650 for the front turbo cat replacement pipe which is illegal for road could mount up to a lot of money.

A

Anonymous

:lol: I'll knock up a nice SS Decat in my garage for 10% of that :lol:

A

Anonymous

Well the downpipe is 304 stainless steel and TIG welded, with a joint with springs for engine movement and the cat is a 1st grade HJS item (if you go with cheaper cat you'll get the CEL on), so it can't be cheap. The system is proven to be effective and durable, as it's very similar to the Cooper S / 207 GTI one.
It's under a 3 years warranty too, and spare parts are always available (springs, seals, clamps etc).

The dual exhaust is being considered but there are a few problems, on is the routing of the second exit pipe, as if you place it inside the bumper you're going to burn plastic and lights wires.

About the sound, the car in the video (which was taken by me :roll: ) has the silenced centre section and it's homologated, so max noise level is close to the standard system. Plus the system was brand new, so in 3-4k miles you'll see a increase in noise.
The note is quite different even in the more subtle option...
If you use the non resonated centre section is much louder, but you'll lose some cruise comfort on the motorway.

FGRob

Reaction score
Gardus@Supersprint said:
Well the downpipe is 304 stainless steel and TIG welded, with a joint with springs for engine movement and the cat is a 1st grade HJS item (if you go with cheaper cat you'll get the CEL on), so it can't be cheap. The system is proven to be effective and durable, as it's very similar to the Cooper S / 207 GTI one.
It's under a 3 years warranty too, and spare parts are always available (springs, seals, clamps etc).

The dual exhaust is being considered but there are a few problems, on is the routing of the second exit pipe, as if you place it inside the bumper you're going to burn plastic and lights wires.

About the sound, the car in the video (which was taken by me :roll: ) has the silenced centre section and it's homologated, so max noise level is close to the standard system. Plus the system was brand new, so in 3-4k miles you'll see a increase in noise.
The note is quite different even in the more subtle option...
If you use the non resonated centre section is much louder, but you'll lose some cruise comfort on the motorway.
Hi There - Gardus@Supersprint.

Welcome to our little forum - always good for a manufacturer to come on and explain there reasoning behind a product, have you any ideas of the costs for the rest of the system - not indicated on your site yet, it will give people a better idea of what they can expect to pay.

Thanks
Rob.

A

Anonymous

The "official pricelist" will be relased in a week or so.

Estimated prices:
Downpipe (remove the cat close to the engine): € 600,00
Sports cat (placed under the car, HJS 1st grade item, no CEL, best quality on the market): € 950,00
Centre exhaust (resonated): € 270,00
Centre pipe (non resonated): € 110,00
Rear exhaust: € 300,00
Endpipe (available in two design, twin round or twin oval tips): 250 €

You're looking at a 1700-1800 £ complete system I think...something less with the non resonated centre section.

The system gives a +10-12 hp increase without a remap, no CEL.

A 200 hp RCZ system is on the way.

We could think of a group buy trough a UK distributor if you're interested...I'm not sure what's the policy for commercial use of the forum so I don't want to traspass any rule! If an administrator want to talk about this...

reycz95

Reaction score
By far the best assembly

reycz95

Reaction score
Not on the translation, if you ask if for the engine are even going to start without the catalyst the answer is yes there is a location for probes thus no blem

A

Anonymous

bellive me i take a look so long....super sprint is best, german thing ruffer blippss ur engine light... because sometimes pressure gettin low

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
RCZ Performance is pleased to announce we will be carrying the Supersprint exhaust system for the RCZ.

We are finalizing the details and once we have we shall add the products to our site and shop.

Follow us on Facebook for the announcement of when that happens.

A

Anonymous

Gardus@Supersprint said:
Hi Gardus, Ruffer are already offering quad exhaust (dual as you call it) and the routing is inside the bumper and I haven't heard of any burning to the plastic or wires so far ?????