What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

SupaGard for Pearl White RCZ

A

Anonymous

Has anyone paid for the Supagard option with the RCZ :?:

I've been quoted £250 via my local dealership and not sure if this is good value for money :?:

Feedback would be appreciated,

Thank You :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
To be honest, it would really depend on how good you are looking after your car and cleaning it regularly. If you are not one for regularly cleaning, then it may well be an option to consider. Having said that there have been some horror stories on here where some people who took up this option had really bad problems with the application. Water marks from wing mirrors down the side of the car, which were impossible to remove, for example.
You see, it's ALL in the preparation and getting paintwork perfect, free of water marks, scratches, swirls, etc BEFORE applying the supaguard. If this is not done right then you are left with all these marks underneath the Supaguard, which, in order to remove, would mean removing the supaguard.

Personally, I would not choose it but in the end it's your decision.

A

Anonymous

£ 250 for a little box/bottle that might cost £ 30 for the dealership. A real money maker for the dealerships. I had my car done with something similar. The first months it was awesome. After about 6 months there was no difference with our other car. £ 250 buys you a lot of regular wax. And how much fun is it to polish your car...

A

Anonymous

I had supaguard on my last two, an X5 and a Z4M. Its been great for the X5 as it generally only gets the hand car wash treat every few weeks or so and still comes up ok. The Z4M didnt have the treatment but looks fantastic as it gets regularly treated to all sorts of Meguiars and Auto Glym products. As RCZ1 says, if you spend time looking after your car you really are better off not bothering with Supagard and use the money instead to buy the above products.

A

Anonymous

£250 will get you a LOT of really good products....

A

Anonymous

I bought mine for £35 and had them put it on foc as part of the delivery prep. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

If you push them hard they'll give it to as a freebie - It cost them very VERY little and makes them a huge markup. I wouldnt bother it doesnt stop the traffic film which is what makes the whiteys look dull.
Wax it youself - I really enjoyed it and never thought I would..................now I'm at it so much the next door neighbour said yesterday " you'll wash that car away" :dance:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback everyone, think I'll be taking the majority vote and buying some cleaning products :)

A

Anonymous

Yes I have Supagard on my Black RCZ GT. Luckily it was applied very well & I am very happy with it. Scratches come out very easily & the shine is outstanding. It does need to be applied well though, or it could be more of a curse than a blessing! :thumbup: