What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Supagard are you pleased?

A

Anonymous

I know some of you went for the Supagard option with the RCZ, so how has it worked out are you pleased or do you think it was a wast of money, I ask becourse I've just ordered a new RCZ and was thinking of getting it done

A

Anonymous

RCZ MATT said:
I know some of you went for the Supagard option with the RCZ, so how has it worked out are you pleased or do you think it was a wast of money, I ask becourse I've just ordered a new RCZ and was thinking of getting it done[/quote

its personal thing really the product is good but the garage application may not,its up to you matt at the end of the day.i had one car supergaurded a few years ago and it made no difference to the paint whatsoever as did the interior protection,its a bit of a earner for the salesman as they get a few quid for selling you it,and also you get a wee kit of products as well :lol:

A

Anonymous

My opinion from much experience, is save your money. Say no to the dealership, but pay a local detailer to do a better job for less money :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ MATT said:
I know some of you went for the Supagard option with the RCZ, so how has it worked out are you pleased or do you think it was a wast of money, I ask becourse I've just ordered a new RCZ and was thinking of getting it done

Does that mean you've ordered a pearl white? Tell us more what spec, when do you collect, etc, etc?

You know my answer to your question already so I won't bore you :D

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
RCZ MATT said:

Does that mean you've ordered a pearl white? Tell us more what spec, when do you collect, etc, etc?

You know my answer to your question already so I won't bore you :D
I do know your answer lol yes because of you I've ordered a new pearl white 156 GT with solstice black onyx wheels black leather seats hopefully I'll get it in early December

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yeah, great stuff. Welcome to the pearly White side :dance: :thumbup:

Not long to wait then Matt. You'll love it :D :beer:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Yeah, great stuff. Welcome to the pearly White side :dance: :thumbup:

Not long to wait then Matt. You'll love it :D :beer:
I can't wait, I'm just as excited now as I was when I ordered my black one. You'll have to give me some tips on how to look after my new pearl white one, ie wax, polish, etc as I've never owned a car with a pearlescent before  :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Matt, you are better off with a sealant on a white car. Makes it more reflective, sharper and crisper and sealants bring the pearlescent flake out too.

Werkstat Acrylic kit is very good on white and my current favourite Wolf's Body Wrap (but its probably a bit late in the year to be applying the Wolf's now as it prefers some warmth when applying and damp / rain can affect beading within 24 hours of it being applied, so that's maybe one for spring next year) :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Matt, you are better off with a sealant on a white car. Makes it more reflective, sharper and crisper and sealants bring the pearlescent flake out too.

Werkstat Acrylic kit is very good on white and my current favourite Wolf's Body Wrap (but its probably a bit late in the year to be applying the Wolf's now as it prefers some warmth when applying and damp / rain can affect beading within 24 hours of it being applied, so that's maybe one for spring next year) :thumbup:
Ok that's cool what about the every clean, (well not everyday but you know what I mean) I currently give it a two bucket wash with Muc-Off Ubershine Shampoo and finish it off with autoglym aqua wax

RCZ1

Reaction score
If you go down the route of using Wolf's Body Wrap next year I would suggest using their Nano Shampoo as its user friendly for the Body Wrap and that way the protection will last a year to 18 months. If you use a normal shampoo then it will last 6 months. My favourite shampoo is Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss.

For any other protection for example Werkstat, you would be okay using your current shampoo. Snow Foam, 2 bucket wash and dry using a QD (Quick Detailer). Chemical Guys Synthetic Detailer is my favourite. That's all I do every fortnight.

As I have the Wolf's Body Wrap on the car now I use the Wolf's QD once a month after the washing and drying process.

As I've pointed out before on white cars you will see iron filings. They are more obvious so for that I would suggest using Iron X and tar remover to get the car squeaky clean before you put any sealant on it. You don't need to top up sealants with waxes. In fact you will be taking away the benefits of the sealant and in particular with the Wolf's - its fantastic water sheeting abilities.

A

Anonymous

Thanks RCZ1 I've been offered the supergard as part of the deal so I may as well go for it I just hope it done properly

A

Anonymous

RCZ MATT said:
Thanks RCZ1 I've been offered the supergard as part of the deal so I may as well go for it I just hope it done properly
Blimey Matt. You are brave. I wouldn't if I was you

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
RCZ MATT said:
Really why is that have you had a bad experience?

A

Anonymous

RCZ MATT said:
No not really. More a case of as time goes by, you have more knowledge :thumbup: If I was to say RCZ1 is to blame, then I assume you will know what I mean. :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ MATT said:
OO58RON said:
RCZ MATT said:

I have Matt, which is why I wouldn't recommend it. Paintwork has to be prepped thoroughly to be free of all contaminants and squeaky clean BEFORE Supaguard ( or any wax or sealant) is applied. When I had it applied to one of my cars there were swirl marks and dried water marks all sealed over, which you can't remove unless you completely remove the Supaguard.

You may want to consider a Gtechniq professional detail. Something that Bespoke Car Care offers. This lasts up to 5 years with Gtechniq C1.

A

Anonymous

Hi there are plenty of supaguard reviews over the net most are for the bad the more the dealer touches your car the more chance of swirls etc being put in to the paintwork I say this in general not all are bad.

A good detailer as I have said before will offer you a protection package or the full works which will include a full machine polish then a good wax or sealant on top to make sure you car looks perfect from the off then he should leave you with a nice new wash mitt and drying towel etc like anything in all depends on what you want to spend.

If you let me know where abouts you are from a can put you in touch with a good local detailer without any problems.

You could also look at opticoat new fave of mine as it is a permanent Resin based sealant and really getting some great reviews others are either based on carnauba polymers or sio2

For new car protections theres only a few i would look at Opticoat Gtechnic C1 Carpro Cquartz of course there are other big brand names like zanio swissvax etc but durabillity wise they will not last as long as ones mentioned.