What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sundry questions!

Jeffers

Reaction score
Firstly, apologies for my apparent absence.....age does nothing for health problems!
'Kay first off: My RCZ HDi has 37,000 ish miles on the odometer. It is, however, almost nine years old.
Should I be looking to change the cam belt due to age??
Secondly: I bought some 18" rims from a member here ( Haven't even unpacked them yet...illness blah blah blah....)
in the hope that they'll help reduce ride harshness (and I don't really like low profile tyres that much.). Anyway, I'm going to put some tyres on these 18" rims and I'm thinking that UniRoyal RainSport3 look to have an effective assymetric tread pattern. For the last ten years or so I've used Falken tyres to good effect on my cars and they make an all seasons tyre which may be a good buy also. It's the Falken EUROALL SEASON AS210.
Any ideas guys? Anything I should avoid?

OT: I see there are some of you who have wrapped your cars......I'm seriously considering joining in with this!
My RCZ is black so a lairy wrap ( colourflow or holographic) will be on the cards!
Over to you....

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome back Jeffers :clap hopefully your health issues are in the past, anyway sounds like your now wanting to crack on with your RCZ, your timing belt should be changed at 120k or 10 years so I would recommend replacement its worth it for peace of mind.
Owners have reported a comfier ride on 18” rims but buy how much I’m not sure :eusa-think:
Regarding a wrap the worlds your oyster ;) I’m sure Mr Plecadoras May have something to say on this matter and may be able to point you in the direction of his wrapper top job and at a great price too. But it’s a big decision and so many wraps to choose from I know plec changed his mind on colour more than a dozen times :D but the results are stunning and definitely gets attention wherever it goes :dance:

Look forward to seeing what you eventually dicide to go with :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Glad to hear your on the mend :thumbup:

When I first replaced my contis on the front of my Z, I chose the uniroyals, the ride was good, similar road noise to the contis, maybe slightly quieter, the grip was great, but, with my style of driving, the wear was poor. They didn’t last very long at all.
I am quite demanding on tyres, especially the fronts, especially on the Z, due to the power it puts down. So maybe you would find a different result?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Hi and welcome back.

Firstly of note is your super low mileage HDi RCZ 37k miles for 9 years old, that has got to be applauded :clap:

I don't think mine will have those kind of miles after 9 years - I can't resist the temptation of another driving day.

Yes I too would recommend having the belt changed just for piece of mind, it is probably OK but you never know what with oil fatigue and cracking, it would be a far pricier job if it was to snap, the damage can be phenomenal.

As for wheels / tyres - I can only double up what has been said - 18" wheels = more pleasant driving....

Now the makes, what you have to remember here is the fact you have the HDi and they're a pretty heavy lump up front, consequently they have a tendency to eat tyres especially if the rubber is " soft ". So choose wisely, sorry I cannot help further in this area, but needless to say, it's not worth scrimping on - liken it to riding a motorcycle, you wouldn't buy a middle of the road helmet brand, to save your bonce in an accident. And since your tyres are the only part of the car on the road, it makes sense to have the best rubber on them, you never know - they may just save your life !!

As for wraps !!! Yes I can help a wee bit, and as Neil has already said, there are a gazillion different colours out there and you will change your mind - I did !!

Here's mine which is a colour change gloss wrap by Avery - it's called Roaring thunder....

My original colour is white, and it is a pain when I get a chip cos you can see the white underneath easily. The guy who did mine said the best colour to wrap is a dark car ideally black because you don't see the chips or in between joints.
He is based at Manchester and works on Ferrari's Lamborghini Mclarens Bentleys etc so he knows his metal. He did in the door sills, so when you open the door you see the same colour, and this work is really tricky.
Anyway, you can do a bit or all the lot, but to me the beauty with a wrap is it protects your original paintwork but more important it's like having a new car but with the seat and controls all set as you like them - and when you become bored, just take it off.

If you want further details PM me but I suggest you try a couple of spots local to you and have a look at their colour swatch - that is the hardest part, trying to imagine the whole car from a 3" x 2" swatch, and don't forget you don't have to get the whole car done to make a real difference, you could get a graphic or stripes which is cheaper and can be just as impacting as a full wrap - go on do it - you know you want to - LOL

Cheers M.... :beer: