What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Stunning rcz r thinking of maybe selling !

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the RCZ R At fish brothers that is up for 16k has just had the front disc pads and calipers done under warranty and was 4k in total don't forget labour etc

Kerr

Reaction score
Yes the RCZ R At fish brothers that is up for 16k has just had the front disc pads and calipers done under warranty and was 4k in total don't forget labour etc

Under warranty, or preparation for sale? I did notice in the other thread they weren't willing to refurbish the scabby wheels due to the age of the car. I would have expected better.

Did they give a breakdown on the £4k total?

Fish Brothers sell the disks for £720. Pads are £235. I can see calipers elsewhere for £1450. £2405 for us to buy at customer prices. It should only be a couple of hours labour by a garage.

A dealer is only going to replace the full calipers. Rebuilding them with stainless pistons is the way to go. It's cheaper and the new calipers will still face the same corrosion issues further down the line.

indoldn

Reaction score
It has not been off Autotrader since I linked the advert. I think the seller could remove the first to see will buy comment. 😀 I would still like to know how the car needed a new engine immediately.

The car at £12.5k has mixed budget tyres all round. Very concerning tyre damage and defects at recent MOT tests. They could sort their upside down pictures on the advert.

The one at £11,999 doesn't look bad. The last MOT flagged fluctuating front brakes. Has it been fixed, or is there a big bill coming?
I did look at the MOT history of the red one at £11,999 few weeks ago so the latest MOT test hadn't been done yet. Just had a look at pictures of FB and one of the front discs wear look uneven where some of the C hooks are no longer visible. So potentially need to budget £1.5-2k to sort out discs, pads and calipers.

Marmite

Reaction score
I did look at the MOT history of the red one at £11,999 few weeks ago so the latest MOT test hadn't been done yet. Just had a look at pictures of FB and one of the front discs wear look uneven where some of the C hooks are no longer visible. So potentially need to budget £1.5-2k to sort out discs, pads and calipers
Cost me to do them myself 720 discs 290 piston a seal kit an mintex pads at 30 something say all in for a 1.050 with decals. An two thousand miles on brakes are good an strong with even wear on the discs .

indoldn

Reaction score
Cost me to do them myself 720 discs 290 piston a seal kit an mintex pads at 30 something say all in for a 1.050 with decals. An two thousand miles on brakes are good an strong with even wear on the discs .
Agreed, certainly possible to do it a lot cheaper if you were able to do the work yourself. I was thinking if you weren't able to do it yourself it would be easily £1,500+ say if you get the calipers refurbished by Godspeed and buy posh pads like Ferodo DS2500. Just went to Godspeed can see they now listed RCZ R discs and bells. They did that using the measurement from your old discs didn't they?

Marmite

Reaction score
Agreed, certainly possible to do it a lot cheaper if you were able to do the work yourself. I was thinking if you weren't able to do it yourself it would be easily £1,500+ say if you get the calipers refurbished by Godspeed and buy posh pads like Ferodo DS2500. Just went to Godspeed can see they now listed RCZ R discs and bells. They did that using the measurement from your old discs didn't they?
They have done them have they good to hear ! . It was god speed told me to have go myself at fitting the seals an pistons you must not force them though ! Use break fluid on the rubbers before you put them in an don’t twist them ether , I went for budget pads as I don’t track day but I don’t hang about ether , you pays your money an makes your choice I have no regrets yet .