What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

stuck ??

rob1robno1

Reaction score
got a 2010 rcz 1.6 petrol...thermostat housing was leaking so it been replaced along with new sensors but now when start the car the fan kicks in and the temp gauge goes to full straight away..anyone else had this or no why ? thanx

chrismac

Reaction score
Try disconnecting the sensor wires and then start the engine (briefly).
If the fan does not start straight away then its possible that the sensor if faulty. Or try refitting the old sensor and see if the problem persists.

rob1robno1

Reaction score
same thing happens when sensor wires disconnected. ..cant try old sensor because different.... plugged diagnostic in and it does point to the sensor

chrismac

Reaction score
I wonder if the wires leading to the sensor are shorting out. Have a look inside the electrical connector (the bit that plugs on to the sensor) see if there is an obvious "bridge" between the pins.

drdino

Reaction score
You need to check the wiring then. What does the diagnostic say?

rob1robno1

Reaction score
one sensor is built in the other I've changed twice but get same results

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Call me daft, but exactly what sensors have you changed? Unless I've missed it somewhere.

rob1robno1

Reaction score
the replacement thermostat housing has 2 sensor ..1 that it fixed in and the other you can change so changed that one ..I also replaced the thermostat housing with the ols one that I took off with the original sensors in it that all worked fine apart from the leak..the old one gives me the same results as the new one now