What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Strange pin sized light

A

Anonymous

Can anyone help please, What does the pin sized white light do? it is situated up near the courtesy lamps (but is not obviously one) i noticed it was on during daylight and night hours, now its disappeared, kinda got used to it and now miss it, What does it do? where did it go? can i get it back? Only had the car a week, love it to bits, never been a sports car fan, but i am converted, love my RCZ!

RCZ1

Reaction score
It doesn't actually DO anything as far as I can see. It's actually under the Menu as Ambient Lighting so you may have turned it off accidentally.

A

Anonymous

The light is suppose to light up the gear stick when it's dark. As to calling the RCZ a sports car my 1.4 HDI 208 feels more like a sports car than the RCZ did :dance:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Mikeyuk said:
The light is suppose to light up the gear stick when it's dark. As to calling the RCZ a sports car my 1.4 HDI 208 feels more like a sports car than the RCZ did :dance:

If you say so. So why are you still here?
Seems a bit strange to me - thinks ?!

A

Anonymous

If you say so. So why are you still here?
Seems a bit strange to me - thinks ?![/quote]

Sorry I didn't realise I still had to own the RCZ to be a member of this exclusive forum !!!!! Surley being a former owner I can still provide people with usefull information about a car I had owned for over 18 months.
As the above response by me proves the " Global Moderator " didn't actually know what the small light was for and I did , thus giving an answer to the question asked :dance:

A

Anonymous

On a serious note though the 208 does feel much sportier than the RCZ due to how light the car is and the size of the steering wheel :wave:

A

Anonymous

Sports car is wrong more coupe and mine is sporty and more reliable than my 335i msport coupe was even with 130 less bhp :mrgreen:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Mikeyuk said:
Sorry I didn't realise I still had to own the RCZ to be a member of this exclusive forum !!!!! Surley being a former owner I can still provide people with usefull information about a car I had owned for over 18 months.
As the above response by me proves the " Global Moderator " didn't actually know what the small light was for and I did , thus giving an answer to the question asked :dance:

I do actually know what the light is for but as I said, it doesn't actually DO anything. You can't say it lights up the gear stick because it doesn't. But that wasn't what I was referring to. What I was referring to was the snide comment about the RCZ, which again, is being posted towards another new member.
People on this forum complain / ask why not many people post or why new owners don't stay around very long. It's actually for reasons just like THIS.
I've had countless PM's from members, particularly new members, who are put off posting on this forum by the continuous negative/snide comments by some members. It actually reduces people's enjoyment of the forum. We know you had a bad experience with your RCZ but you've moved on, so let it go. That's all I'm saying.

A

Anonymous

There was no snide comment .... The RCZ is NOT a sports car .... As Bigmac has said its a Coupe nothing more nothing less. This is the problem some of you have about the RCZ ... You think it's some big status car but at the end of the day it's a Peugeot just as my little 208 is and is thought of as a cheap French piece of crap by many many people !!!!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
The OP is a new owner, enjoying his new car - can't he at least be afforded that luxury? Let him call it whatever he wants in his first flush of RCZ love.

I'm well aware the RCZ is a Peugeot and its not my first. However it does not matter if it's an Aston, BMW or a Fiat - people can ENJOY their car.

A

Anonymous

Mikey, I am glad that you are enjoying your new 208s and, yes, you can provide helpful and valuable information to new and current owners. However, I don't see the need to snipe at members or be so dismissive. I hope you continue to enjoy the new cars but it'd be nice if you'd allow this same enjoyment to be extended to new (and current) owners and members.

A

Anonymous

How sad ... Forums are all about banter and that's all was doing ... If you notice after my " snide " comment there is a little dancing smiley making light of my comment. Im pretty sure new members soon forget about little comments by disgruntled owners like me when they actually start trawling through the forum and see the tens of issues people have with the RCZ :crazy: If RCZ1 had actually answered the question in her first comment I wouldn't have even commented on the thread but the answer she gave didn't answer the question !!!!
Anyway moving on !!!!! :eusa-whistle:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Mikey, I'm going to make this my last post on the subject but just to make one thing clear. When I say I get a LOT of PMs from members, particularly new ones, I mean A LOT. They all say the same thing; that they are put off posting because of snide / sarcastic / call them what you will, comments from other members when they post something. Yes, this is a forum for ALL to enjoy but when I say it's putting new members and some older members, off posting, then it becomes an issue.

Can't we all just play nice TOGETHER?

Have a good day, one and all :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Mikey, I'm going to make this my last post on the subject but just to make one thing clear. When I say I get a LOT of PMs from members, particularly new ones, I mean A LOT. They all say the same thing; that they are put off posting because of snide / sarcastic / call them what you will, comments from other members when they post something. Yes, this is a forum for ALL to enjoy but when I say it's putting new members and some older members, off posting, then it becomes an issue.

Can't we all just play nice TOGETHER?

Have a good day, one and all :)
:text-goodpost:

A

Anonymous

Getting back to the point in case the light is just an indicator as to where the courtesy/map reading lights are located. It only comes on when the cabin interior is dark thus enabling you to locate the switches easily.

A

Anonymous

I always thought the light was for the gear knob. It certainly makes mine glow it bounces light right on top of the aluminium knob.

A

Anonymous

It's called an ambient light, most cars have them nowadays, suppose to give you soft ambient lighting in the cabin, I must say the RCZ effort could be better :)

A

Anonymous

Starky said:
I must say the RCZ effort could be better :)

Careful Starky.. We can't have any negative comments on here as it could offend new members :crazy: :dance:

A

Anonymous

It's not an ambient light ......it doesn't light up your gear stick it's not strong enough to be of any other use than guiding you to the courtesy lights I had a Toyota iq now that had a light that lit up your gear stick it used to light up as you approached the car it was nothing like the pin light on the RCZ