What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Strange or funny Encounters in the RCZ - share yours...

A

Anonymous

Usually we get admiring glance but this week we had two bizarre ones:-

1) pulling off the Leigh Broadway a man jumped out from the pavement onto the road and took a picture of our RCZ (was enroute to Dentist to have wisdom tooth at time) :helpme:

2) child was walking along holding his Dads hand, stopped in his tracks next to our RCZ & said "thats the car I want but as a convertible" had to laugh! :lol:

A

Anonymous

i know its not a RCZ but in my 207 i pulled up outside my mates and some random chav walked passed and said look at that hairdressers car,
and then i drove along the road and parked at the shop he was sitting outside and as i walked passed he turn to his mate and said "thats actually a canny nice car" (in geordie).
all i could do was shake my head!

A

Anonymous

Been looking for a topic like this :)

Hopefully I get to experience some of this fun!

A

Anonymous

As I drove past a group of kids with my window open they pointed at my car and shouted "Lamborghini, Lamborghini".
Yeah!, I wish!

A

Anonymous

I've had a couple of instances where i'm stuck at lights or a junction and a couple in the car behind pointed at me with their hands following the double bubble roof and then have a conversation still pointed at my car.
Also when on a B road a car infront of me has slowed down and indicated left for me to overtake them only for them to then accelerate and follow me, strange.
Oh just thought of a third thing, at a roundabout i'm on the inside lane in queueing traffic and the car on the outside lane not pulling off until I could although his lane was clear and he stayed at the side of my car until i turned off further up the road. It's quite scary sometimes but also quite funny.

A

Anonymous

That is certanly a strange one,glad all is well and no one appart from pride damaged. :text-goodpost:

RCZ1

Reaction score
PhilRCZ said:
I've had a couple of instances where i'm stuck at lights or a junction and a couple in the car behind pointed at me with their hands following the double bubble roof and then have a conversation still pointed at my car.

I've had this happen to me quite a few times and its quite funny to watch them having the conversation and pointing. The same thing happens when the rear spoiler goes up :lol:

Or the amount of times cars come up in the outside lane to overtake and then just sit right in your blind spot, obviously having a good look at the car, but you can't really see them - dangerous :thumbdown:

I was waiting to pull out of a side street once, a car went by and I pulled out behind it. The car in front pulled over so that I could get by and then pulled straight back out behind me and sat right on my tail, obviously having a very good look before he pulled into the "staff" entrance of the local police station and gave me a flash of his lights as he turned :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

The car seems to get a lot of looks.

I got the same when I had the Nissan 350Z Roadster, probably because you don't see many around. You got a few 350Z coupes around but the Roadster was very rare.

Two for the RCZ....

1st night I had the car, it was sitting on the drive. I was looking out my bedroom window admiring it from above, as you do on the 1st day :D As I am the first house on the estate, I am right in front of the junction onto the main road. As I was looking, I saw a young guy in a Corsa approaching the junction. He glanced at the car and was turning away, he must have realised what it was and the head turned again at 100mph with the jaw wide open :lol:

Then the next was at the end of June. I was down in Torquay on holiday and had been at the Sainsbury's superstore. Just got in the car ready to drive away and an old guy at 70+ drove by and stuck his thumbs up, bless him :D

Not RCZ related but I remember back in 2005/2006, I had a new MG ZR with the 17" alloys and 160 kit. It did look quite nice. I bought it as a 2nd car for work and when I needed more than the 2 seats I had in the 350Z. I was parked up at Gretna service station when an older guy with similar car parked up. He came over saying the car was nice and how great they were. I humoured him but really wanted to say it was a heap of junk but couldn't. :lol:

A

Anonymous

The best comments are "what is it?" I have also seen people behind me doing the hand movement describing the roof.

A

Anonymous

nelliebear said:
The best comments are "what is it?" I have also seen people behind me doing the hand movement describing the roof.

Yep... I've seen the wavey hand movement from people behind me at lights several times...

A

Anonymous

I'm sick of the Divs that refer to the car as a Peugeot RC 2 ! !

A

Anonymous

went for a haircut in hamilton (just 12 miles outside glasgow) :clap: parked it. got out of the car when some polish guy walked past it saying to me sooooooooooooooo beautifull what engine size has it got and how much it cost as a pol would say if (you catch my drift)anyway LOOKS ARE DECEIVING

A

Anonymous

Some of my encounters.

1) While driving on the fastest lane on the expressway, a car pulls up so close, I can see all the his facial details. Thinking its some punk looking to race, I switch lanes to give way and lo and behold he switches lanes with me and continues to stick to my rear for a good 15 minutes all the way till I reached my exit.

2) Ferrari 458 comes up beside me, revs his engine to catch my attention, gives a big bright smile and slowly accelerates away. Being playful, I give chase, never intending to exceed 120kmph (90kmph is the national speed limit). All this time, he would ensure he is never more than a car's length ahead. I find the idea of making the heads of supercar drivers turn very amusing as the rcz costs only 1/5 the price !

A

Anonymous

bloodlegna said:
Some of my encounters.

1) While driving on the fastest lane on the expressway, a car pulls up so close, I can see all the his facial details. Thinking its some punk looking to race, I switch lanes to give way and lo and behold he switches lanes with me and continues to stick to my rear for a good 15 minutes all the way till I reached my exit.

2) Ferrari 458 comes up beside me, revs his engine to catch my attention, gives a big bright smile and slowly accelerates away. Being playful, I give chase, never intending to exceed 120kmph (90kmph is the national speed limit). All this time, he would ensure he is never more than a car's length ahead. I find the idea of making the heads of supercar drivers turn very amusing as the rcz costs only 1/5 the price !

Sorry for being pedantic, but its only 1/10 of the price of a 458
But that is even better for us
It is brilliant that Ferrari drivers notice a Peugeot

A

Anonymous

A few little anecdotes.

Have returned twice to mine to find people taking photos of it.
Sitting waiting at side of busy high st, when couple walk towards me on other side of road, the guy is staring intently at me,and im thinking, do i know him or summat, then he just points at me and shouts at the top of his voice "NICE CAR MATE" !!
Perhaps the best tho, walking out into my local non league football clubs car park after a pre season friendly against Millwall, i find myself following two of their well known first team players, en route to their BMW. As they approach my RCZ i hear one say to the other " thats f****** lovely huh?" i press the open button on the fob, the lights come on,the mirrors start to pirouette, they both spin round to stare,and i give them a smile and climb in. Sweet :)

A

Anonymous

JOAKES said:
bloodlegna said:
Some of my encounters.

Sorry for being pedantic, but its only 1/10 of the price of a 458
But that is even better for us
It is brilliant that Ferrari drivers notice a Peugeot

In singapore the RCZ currently retails for around S$180k while the F458 is about $9xxk. Madness right ?

A

Anonymous

Not really bloodlegna. Lets not get the run of ourselves, we shouldnt be mentioning the difference in price between an RCZ and a 458Italia. :) Its a 458Italia enough said.

A

Anonymous

I had the situation when leaving Silverstone GP after the formula one 2011.

I was behind an all black ferrari 458 Italia (didn't look special in that combo in my opinion) and me and my mate happened to be behind the ferrari and there were these 3 girls who were helping out with the traffic etc.

and instead of staring at the ferrari they were staring at my peugeot and pointing at it NOT the ferrari lol (we couldn't believe it but laughed at about it)

Another situation at university this was the 1st week I had my car i parked up and this women who was hammered (you could tell from her carrying alcohol at 11am and slurring her words) and she went up to me and went 'nice car mate'. It really says something when someone drug out of there mind compliments you in the morning for your car