What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Strange noise

Valex

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not sure if it is normal but my 156 HP is "farting" :oops:? I do not know how to explain that noise, it sound like brup brup brup ... :rolleyes: .
It is like some valve that opens to release air or maybe oil:

The noise is coming from the right part of the motor. Any idea what it is and if it is normal?

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Plugs/ coil packs/ Vacuum leaks etc you need to hook it up to a code reader although it sounds like a cylinder misfire ?

Valex

Reaction score
The motor works fine and I do not have any error messages on the dashboard.
Tomorrow I'm going to try to connect the OBDII cable I bought a couple of years ago for a 206CC. Hope the program is working :rolleyes: .

Valex

Reaction score
No errors, I used Torque and Car scanner Apps. I didn't have the time to connect the laptop.
What I noticed is that when I start the car, with the motor cold, I don't hear this "brup brup brup" nose. The noise start only when the motor start warm up.
Just tried at idle, maybe I will need somebody that step on the gas pedal and listen if the noise change.

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
If Engine starts & runs OK then take off the Air Intakes & start it up then listen for same or similar noises