What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Strange knock while turning steering wheel

A

Anonymous

Hi i am feeling a knock while turning the steering wheel, the steering wheel comes in a postion where you feel a very faint thud while turnig the wheel. This happens at any speed.

The shock mounts have been replaced and the engine mounts have been lately tightend up.

I have checked the tyre pressure and its as it should. Only 9000 km on the clock and at this stage i think that i can safely give the car to dealer to stay fixing whenever it goes out from a garage.

i am sure that the knock is new and has only developed very lately!

A

Anonymous

you mean that the wheel nuts are not tighten up properly?

A

Anonymous

that is what i shall do tomorrow. one of the alloys got replaced recently maybe the garage did not tighten up the nuts properly. Thanks for the suggestion :)

A

Anonymous

checked nuts and they were tighten properly. do u have any other suggestions ?

A

Anonymous

took the car for a test run with the dealer. confirmed the knock and judder, to re arrange another appointment with the garage to re check and try and find the problem.

A

Anonymous

gatt767 said:
took the car for a test run with the dealer. confirmed the knock and judder, to re arrange another appointment with the garage to re check and try and find the problem.
Good news then, having someone from the garage actually observe the signs, good effort :)

A

Anonymous

Hi,
today I have received a phone call from the Sales Manager and he has informed me that such knock is by design and has been caused due to the recent tightening of the sub frame and engine mounts. A problem which i have reported earlier.
I can say that i have heard them all with this car :) it’s amazing.
I have informed the sales manager that with this reasoning, the same symptom should be felt on other RCZ and that i would need to test it, to basically confirm what he is saying.
He has informed me that he needs to find another RCZ with the exact mileage, that is of 6000 miles to be able to test like with like.
He should be coming back to me with an answer, lets see what he will come up with.
Thanks

A

Anonymous

gatt767 said:
Hi,
today I have received a phone call from the Sales Manager and he has informed me that such knock is by design and has been caused due to the recent tightening of the sub frame and engine mounts. A problem which i have reported earlier.
I can say that i have heard them all with this car :) it’s amazing.
I have informed the sales manager that with this reasoning, the same symptom should be felt on other RCZ and that i would need to test it, to basically confirm what he is saying.
He has informed me that he needs to find another RCZ with the exact mileage, that is of 6000 miles to be able to test like with like.
He should be coming back to me with an answer, lets see what he will come up with.
Thanks
Where abouts are you gatt as I have just passed the 6k mark

A

Anonymous

gatt767 said:
Malta :-( only one dealer
That's a bit far for me to come I'm afraid :lol: Hope you get sorted sooner rather than later

A

Anonymous

I wrote to Peugeot Europe and dealer phoned and booked the car to be checked, lets see what they come up with.

Atleast I am getting support from Peugeot Europe. They take matters quite seriously and the dealer is not quite happy when the matter is escalated abroad as they need to give feedback about the case and how they intend to fix/proceed with the matter

A

Anonymous

It's good that Peugeot Europe are on the case.

If the dealer isn't happy with having to report back, then maybe they should think about the service they offer in the first place. If they hadn't tried to fob you off before then they wouldn't be in that situation.

A

Anonymous

Had quite a bad day today, after a number of arguments with the dealer re the letter i have sent to peugeot europe reporting the problem he agreed to replace the steering rack.

Anyway 2 mechanics said that the steering rack is at fault and it needs to be replaced. The knock can be easily felt even on very smooth surfaces, stationary and while driving. They also tried another car with higher mileage and they also confirmed that they did not feel the same symptom. Must go again next week for the replacement.

A

Anonymous

Hang on, arguments aside..apparently some dealers haven't heard that the customer is always right...you're getting it replaced and today was a bad day?

A

Anonymous

Good to hear it's getting what was needed to be done in the first place.