What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Stop central tail light ceased working

Dima

Reaction score
Hi gang, RCZ 1.6/156HP

Recently noticed that when I stop - stop central tail light does not flash. Side stoplights are working fine. Not sure when is started, seemingly during last couple of month, moreover, during this timeframe i've done some changes to the car, like:

- Instaled contemporary android mutimedia system (had already pre-installed android multimedia from previous owners, but it was outdated a bit already). Hightlly doubt that it is the reason, but still.
- Instaled led bulbs all over the interior/glove box/boot (I belive they do not need any resistors, so should work just fine with no errors). Unlikely the reason as well.
- Instaled LED bulbs in central reverse light (which apparently needs some resistance in bulbs, hence, receive an warning log: Left/Right hand reversing lamp bulb faulty, as on photo).
- Also noticed warning log says: Sidelamp bulb(s) faulty. About which Im still concerned, where those are located...

Anyway, browsed forum, and the the issue with stop light may be caused by LED bulbs i've instaled resently (at least in reverse light), can it be the issue? Tried original bulbs back - reverse brake light error vanished, but Stop tail light still does no work.
But what/where are these: Sidelamp bulb(s) faulty. Are these located in the central front on each side? Coz looks like they are working fine, alongside with turn signals, left/right stop lights, etc. But I still doulbe check those as well.
Also, tried to find a fuse which can be resposible for this issue, but seems RCZ does not have any fuses dedicated to stop signal workability.

Anybody has expirienced the same problem? Wanna check those aspects first, before checking the wirring and light itself.
Appritiate your help and advises.

Attachments

• IMG_9952.JPG
    IMG_9952.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

diogosaka

Reaction score
I have all led lights as you say, rear third brake light works no issue there. That is not the problem

Dima

Reaction score
I have all led lights as you say, rear third brake light works no issue there. That is not the problem
I see...recently also got installed rear camera, maybe the guys messed up with wirring a bit, not sure but will head to electrician next Tuesday, will try to figure out...

2012RCZ2.0HDI

Reaction score
Hi I’m a newbie so excuse my intrusion and lack of etiquette. We had an issue with many leds not illuminating in the central brake light. Once we found out how much a new one was, I measured the length of the light that could be seen through the structure, bought a COB LED strip of one of the Chinese websites, removed the light, cut a section out of the bottom of the light, removed the internals, stuck the COB LED strip inside the carcass of the light, added some packing, connected it up and it’s been going now for approximately 8months. Cost £6 for the COB strip (that was for 2!) and £3 for a small circular toothed bit for the drill from bay and silicone to seal. So total of £6 to fix. If you are reasonably good with your hands this isn’t a difficult job. Just need to hold your nerve when cutting and dismantling the rear light. We only used the carcass of the rear light, all the internals were discarded. I certainly don’t view the job as anyway professional, that said it’s doing the job and when it eventually fails again, we have a spare COB LED strip, just have to peel back the silicone.

Last edited:

2012RCZ2.0HDI

Reaction score
I should add my 18 year old son did the task under supervision. So if he can do it I bet anyone can.

Last edited:

Dima

Reaction score
I should add my 18 year old son did the task under supervision. So if he can do it I bet anyone can.
Thanks, yes, 3rd brake has been already repacked with new leds about 18 month ago, all working well till this paticular point.
It was sealed correctly, so no water or moist was present there.
Well, new one costs around 150 EUR with delivery to Ukraine from Poland, so not the anormous price overall, considering it is a new & genuene part.

Update: The issue was caused by connection disrution on the motherboard, was fixed by electition localy, leds are working fine.

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
Update: The issue was caused by connection disrution on the motherboard, was fixed by electition localy, leds are working fine.
Do you have the exact wording from the electrician or he told you that?

Because I am unclear what you mean by 'motherboard' and also what exactly was 'connection disruption' and how was that repaired?

Dima

Reaction score
Do you have the exact wording from the electrician or he told you that?

Because I am unclear what you mean by 'motherboard' and also what exactly was 'connection disruption' and how was that repaired?
1. Do you have the exact wording from the electrician or he told you that? - nope, and do not remember to be sincere, did not have time to ask for a precise clarification.
2. Because I am unclear what you mean by 'motherboard' - simply to put it, the board which make leds work
3. ..what exactly was 'connection disruption & and how was that repaired - same answer as to the 1st question

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
1. Do you have the exact wording from the electrician or he told you that? - nope, and do not remember to be sincere, did not have time to ask for a precise clarification.
2. Because I am unclear what you mean by 'motherboard' - simply to put it, the board which make leds work
3. ..what exactly was 'connection disruption & and how was that repaired - same answer as to the 1st question
You didn't have time to ask a question or two before giving money to someone? I definitely would of asked questions...

Dima

Reaction score
You didn't have time to ask a question or two before giving money to someone? I definitely would of asked questions...

I DID ask. And u can see info in my previous messages. This info is pretty much sufficient.

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
I DID ask. And u can see info in my previous messages. This info is pretty much sufficient.
I'm confused. You initially wrote that you 'did not have time to ask for a precise clarification', but now you write that you DID ask.

Moving on from your inconsistent information, I still don't know what 'connection disruption' means, how that relates to the 'motherboard' and what was done to apparently fix it.

The reason I am asking these questions is because the information you've given, if it came from the electrician, tells us nothing and could be completely fabricated.

Why would it be fabricated? So the electrician could charge you more money of course. If you don't have the details to share with us, then you must really trust this electrician.

Dima

Reaction score
I'm confused. You initially wrote that you 'did not have time to ask for a precise clarification', but now you write that you DID ask.

Moving on from your inconsistent information, I still don't know what 'connection disruption' means, how that relates to the 'motherboard' and what was done to apparently fix it.

The reason I am asking these questions is because the information you've given, if it came from the electrician, tells us nothing and could be completely fabricated.

Why would it be fabricated? So the electrician could charge you more money of course. If you don't have the details to share with us, then you must really trust this electrician.
Dude, I did ask a few questions and got some aswers. That is what I've told in my prev. messages. I did not dive into details as I had no time & it is irrelevant for me as I was given 1 year warranty for the repairs.
What does mean connection disruption and motherboard - It's pretty clear for me, if not for u - internet can help.
I the info is a lie from the guy - I dont give a sh#t to be honest as the price is more or less static regardless the issues + they give 1y warranty for all the repairs.

RCZ-mad

Reaction score
What does mean connection disruption and motherboard - It's pretty clear for me, if not for u - internet can help.
Yes I know what a motherboard is, but which one would he be referring to? There are several in the car. Furthermore, 'connection disruption' is the a very generic term that tells you nothing.

What connection? Where was it going to? How did it come to be 'disrupted'? Did a wire get loose or did a rat chew through it etc. etc.

You don't have to care about details just because I say so, you're free to give your money away to anyone who spins you a story, go right ahead.

Dima

Reaction score
Yes I know what a motherboard is, but which one would he be referring to? There are several in the car. Furthermore, 'connection disruption' is the a very generic term that tells you nothing.

What connection? Where was it going to? How did it come to be 'disrupted'? Did a wire get loose or did a rat chew through it etc. etc.

You don't have to care about details just because I say so, you're free to give your money away to anyone who spins you a story, go right ahead.

we are talking about stop light, right? - so apparently Im talking about electrical board which inside it. Its also can be called distribution board, electrical circuit board, etc.
Disruption cased by some component malfunction on this board, no wires involved.
Which component - I did not ask, how it happened - he did not know exact reason.
Indeed, we did not have a heart to heart conversation regarding the issue, I’ve asked couple of questions, got answers, shake hands, end of the story.