What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Stock Radio System Firmware Update

s0crates

Reaction score
Hello all

I was wondering if there is a firmware update for the stock version of the radio system? Not the NAV one, this one

Lately it's been giving me problems and I don't know what is causing them. I have a USB attached and also my phone's bluetooth is always on (use it to listen to music while driving). Sometimes the radio source stays selected (when I start the car) and when i press the "source" button nothing happens. This goes until I leave the car and come back, in which case there's a 50% chance it will happen again.

Regards

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Try this https://mega.nz/#!cMoFCAAC!Wi0HcaNn7DlO ... 56nL_iIOdE

You need to download the file, unpack to a formatted USB stick (fat 32) and stick it in your Z. I think this is the latest firmware, but I don't have the same system as you, I have the RT6 so my firmware is totally different.

This is R6 version. I have seen talk of an R8 version, but I can't find anything about that.

Hope it solves your issues. :eusa-think:

If you want to delv a little deeper into the updates for your particular unit, GPSUnderground is an excellent source of all things "updatey" although you might need to register to be able to access the relevant threads.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
That appears to be the R8, so is probably later than the link I posted (R6). It isn't specific to the RCZ.

There is a way to find out your current version, but I don't know what it is for your system. You could try pressing & holding the setup button, that's how to do it on the RT6 so it's probably the same on yours.

s0crates

Reaction score
Doesn't do anything on any of the buttons, neither is there an option to view anything firmware related.. In any case I will try the R8 version in a while and report back.. Thanks again

DKZ5745

Reaction score
How about, "setup" "system" "software version". Saw this on another post to an unrelated issue to yours, but might help you find your version.

s0crates

Reaction score
Hm are we talking about the same system though? This is the radio I got:

Which looks like this:
similar

I believe it's called RD45

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Ahh, no we are not talking about the same system. I actually don't know what head unit that is. Did you get a booklet pack with the car? If so, you should have a radio instruction book. This will tell you which unit you have. It might even tell you how to find out what version software is installed.
Do you have any auxiliary sockets associated with the system, i.e. USB socket, maybe in the glove box on that system?
If not, it might be a case of needing to get hold of a CD to update the software. You might be able to get one of these for a nominal fee from a Pug dealer, if not even for free.
Otherwise you could download the latest software, once you have established which head unit you have, then burn it to a CD.

I am sorry to be so vague, but I don't know anything whatsoever about that particular unit, not even if the software has an update available.

To try to resolve any of the issues you are having, there must be a way of doing a reset on the system. I know doing so on the RT6 has helped several people. The problem is of course, I don't have a clue how to do a reset on yours, or even if it's possible.

I would have thought that someone on here must have same head unit fitted, and will be able to offer far better advice than I have been able to give you.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, a quick search on the interweb thingy found that if you have firmware 3.2 it is not updatable. If it is 4.1xx it can be updated to 4.3.0.3 which is available via some Russian sites apparently, but the sites are unfortunately not mentioned by name, or the method used to do the update, or how to find what version you have installed at the moment.

The info above was posted on the web in April last year, so is probably current.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I found this in a badly translated site, not even sure what it is referring to, but if you want to have a play.......

Make sure the key is ON/ACC position and RD45 is turned on
Turn radio the AM 1620
(Just do key press on RD45, don't look at C display) Press MENU
Press OK and keep it hold
Press ⬅︎ (LEFT) and keep it hold for 3 seconds
Release OK and ⬅︎ (LEFT) together
(Look at C display) Press ESC 3 times until it's back to home screen
(Look at C display) It should be flashing "VIN clean". If not, turn key to OFF position and repeat step 1 - 7
Turn key to OFF position and wait for 3 or more minutes until the RD45 power was cut by car. (ACC off)
Now the stereo was perfectly upgraded! You can play music from bluetooth, AUX, USB stick or CD.

s0crates

Reaction score
I found the same info on the firmware, so not sure if it's possible to update without even knowing what version I got.

The procedure you translated perhaps clears the VIN from the radio so that you can reprogram it? This guy seems to have been trying something similar.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I think One of the pieces I read said you could get your version on the C screen. I just have no idea what the C screen is, or how to get to it.
The C screen is mentioned in the instructions I posted earlier.

DRTDVL

Reaction score
This is the head unit we have, I'll need to check ours.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk