What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Still No Build Date

A

Anonymous

Just had a call from Dealer, although he's has assured me more than once I would have car by end of this month he has finally admitted today it will not be here by end of March. He is now saying as ther isn't even a build date yet he has no estimation of when car will be ready. :thumbdown:

1st RCZ Order to Build was 11 wks 5 days it's currently 7wks 2 days since my new order went in.

Has RCZ1 and Perkybillet heard anything re build dates yet as you both ordered around same time as me

RCZ1

Reaction score
I haven't been given a fixed build date but was told it had a March build date and would be here, most probably, first week of April. I'm due an update later this week so I'll let you know when I know more.

For me, the time has gone by quite quickly. I've not really been counting the days. After waiting for my first one for 10 months, anything other than that is a bonus .... :)

Strange that the dealer says you haven't got a build date allocated yet. After this length of time, you would have thought that they had an idea.

Hope you get some good news soon.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for reply RCZ1. I am not as wired this time but would still like to feel things were at least moving forward, just a bit dissapointing not having a build date yet.

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
Thanks for reply RCZ1. I am not as wired this time but would still like to feel things were at least moving forward, just a bit dissapointing not having a build date yet.
Based upon previous experiences, your order has been programmed into the production line schedule. It must have been. I suspect that it is simply a case that your dealer is unaware as to which production week it is.

As previously stated on this forum. The factory will run certain models on certain weeks and as we being right hand drive are in the minority and so I suspect that we have to wait longer than our continental owners do.

My brother order a Rover 75 diesel automatic Bla bla. Despite the production car park being so full of parked new cars that it was even visible from space (as reported by a national newspaper) he never got his car as Rover went bust before they got to the production week for his car. Seems stupid that they built cars without orders for them but not the ones already sold. Perhaps with better planning and dealership communication they would still be producing cars.

A

Anonymous

Sure you're correct Ron as I say just a bit disappointing as he has always insisted I would have it by end of March, always thought he was wrong but hoped I was being my usual pessimistic self.

As for Rover what the hell!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

I can understand your frustration. I would think that your dealership would be able to find out which week your car is scheduled to hit the production lines after all this time though. Keep at them and hopefully you'll get a better idea soon.

A

Anonymous

Put it this way :eusa-think: winter is still with us and not a nice time to get a new car :thumbdown: you will have your RCZ just in time for Spring/summer Starting :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

True jassy about the nicer weather, but as all my family are over from Australia first week in April for Nieces wedding it would have been nice to turn up in a nice spanking new RCZ, plus a good run for new car Manchester to Oxford and back.

A

Anonymous

I have a build date of March 31st apparently so I'm hoping to get it mid April!

My dealer did say that there had been a strike at the factory!

After doing a few miles for work I could really do with my new car!!!

A

Anonymous

Cheers Perkybillet, as our cars are almost the same build I could be looking at approx same time. Thanks for info :thumbup:

GaryLarry

Reaction score
I was given a delivery estimate of mid-April and I've now been told next Wednesday 27th March, so you never know. I think they err on the side of caution and like to surprise…

A

Anonymous

It could be worse you could have ordered a NEW Audi A3 SPORTSBACK 1.8 TIPTRONIC S-Line, WITH OPTIONS OF POWER FOLDING DOOR MIRRORS,SATNAV,PRIVACY GLASS,INTERIOR LIGHT PACKAGE,BLACK ROOF RAILS,GLACIER WHITE PAINT ..........And wait for IT wait 8 months :eek: :eek: :eek: I had ordered this spec finance approved :thumbup: Then Cancelled after the dealer told me this :thumbdown: I COULD HAVE GOT a Lambo AVENTADOR QUICKER IF I COULD HAVE AFFORDED IT :lol:

RCZ1 your not so impatient because you have had a RCZ before. The Newbies they have not :(

And by the way the lead time on my new ford focus if i had got one from the factory was 4 MONTHS i was just lucky my son Had the spec i wanted in stock :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
GaryLarry said:
I was given a delivery estimate of mid-April and I've now been told next Wednesday 27th March, so you never know. I think they err on the side of caution and like to surprise…

When did you order yours?

RCZ1

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
RCZ1 your not so impatient because you have had a RCZ before. The Newbies they have not :(

It's not that Jassy, I an looking forward to the new RCZ coming, just not as much as normal. That's not due to the car but on going personal issues which I am preoccupied with. It's the new car coming that is helping me to focus my mind on other things.

GaryLarry

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
GaryLarry said:

When did you order yours?

2nd Feb.

A

Anonymous

Great news on your Del Date, 7.5 weeks that's pretty quick. I am now in my 9th week of waiting and still no build date. Patience required.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Grant I'm wondering if we are waiting longer because we have both ordered the Sat Nav? On eBay and Auto Trader there are quite a few facelifted RCZs on there or been on, and none of them have had Sat Nav. Just making me start to think..... ?

A

Anonymous

Maybe your right RCZ1, was there some delay first time round re SatNav if my memory serves me right. But after saying that Perkybillet has ordered SatNav after us and he has a build date of 31st March.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Maybe ours are in the same build period then. Not heard from my dealer this week so hopefully an update next week.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well I've just heard from my dealer that my car is in Calais. So I envisage that I should have it in two weeks time. I've got to go in and complete the paperwork, private reg plate transfer, pay for it and check the car over then they will let my retrimmer fit the new interior ready for me to drive away.

I badly needed some good news today so not too long to go now :)