What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sticky residue on arches

A

Anonymous

Some strange stick stuff appeared on one of my silver arches. I'm not sure what it is but it had an orange smell to it, so I'm guessing its some sort of orange juice/gel that someone kindly splashed on my car. There's not a lot of it, it's roughly the size of a typical birds dropping (thats the best way I can think of describing it!)

When I first saw it I didn't have much time to deal with it. I tried to take it off with normal car shampoo and a mitt, some of the top layer of it came off but you can still see a residue. That residue has since dried out although it does go a little sticky when it's been raining. I've since tried using a 'stick stuff' remover but it did very little to shift the residue.

Any ideas what I can do to remove the residue? I wonder if I need to use a slightly abrasive polish or clay but I'm worried I could damage the finish on the arch.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Try something like a bug and tar remover but I think it sounds like you will have to polish it. Use a polish not too aggressive to start with and go from there.

You should keep some Quick Detailer and a cloth in your car, for times such as these, to remove bird droppings, which are very acidic and will etch into paint if not removed quickly. The orange stuff will also be acidic hence the problem you have.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/