What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sticking Hand brake

A

Anonymous

Has anyone had the hand brake stick on mine seems to be doing it after a wash and after a drive when she has been parked all day its coming off with a real clunk when i move off I have also noticed a noise from the front springs when on full lock when reversing in to my drive.

:crazy: :brickwall:

A

Anonymous

Mine always stick on. Every single time I leave it parked overnight or at work. I've never bothered to do anything about it as I don't think that it is too important. Is it?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Mine stick after I've washed it because it goes straight into the garage until the following morning. It's nothing to worry about and has happened on all my cars.

A

Anonymous

Yep, I have the exact same.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

I know as I have had this on other cars but its draging the back of the car down before it releases it isnt just sticking its got some venom about it too

A

Anonymous

babysquip said:
I know as I have had this on other cars but its draging the back of the car down before it releases it isnt just sticking its got some venom about it too
Mine is the same, come off with a loud clang, I'm not concerned though.

A

Anonymous

All quite normal, after washing or putting the car in the garage in rain, the brakes will stick, nothing to worry about!

Opal white

Reaction score
I feel a lot happier after reading this topic :thumbup:

Mines being doing this on & off for a while now, I feel better knowing it's quite common.

Thanks for sharing

A

Anonymous

Opal white said:
I feel a lot happier after reading this topic :thumbup:

Mines being doing this on & off for a while now, I feel better knowing it's quite common.

Thanks for sharing
All due to the wet weather so it'll ease up when the weather sorts itself out.....................hang on that could be a while in the UK :lol:

frankvdb

Reaction score
I always park in gear, but after washing or very wet weather the brakes stick too.
The previous 307 was exactly the same. Nothing to worry about.
Will try reversing when it happens next to see if it comes loose more gently.

A

Anonymous

Always! After washing, leave it in gear, handbrake off :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Have the same and its no problem, they all do that sir :lol:
I have to say the knock knock knock kick back from the front wheels whilst reversing on full lock is a bit disconcerting, must be down to the tyre width I suppose.

A

Anonymous

Yeah...mine does it too. Nothing to worry about. It's also usually good for a chuckle when my wife gasps and clutches for the interior armrest/handle. I like to keep her on her toes...evidently so does my RCZ!! :lol: Always knew we were kindred spirits!

A

Anonymous

I've experienced the same with mine and was starting to get a bit concerned. Thanks for all your posts!