What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

sticking accelerator

A

Anonymous

car in for full service today, i complained about ocasional sticking on of the accelerator,the mechanic says that there has been an issue with this on some rcz s, they are to ask puegeot for the ok to replace the pedal box as its quite an expensive part.
having two front tyres fitted tomorrow,going for the bridgeston reo50a, good feedback on these tyres.

A

Anonymous

bee said:
i complained about ocasional sticking on of the accelerator,the mechanic says that there has been an issue with this on some rcz s

Interesting development :eusa-think:

Did the Mechanic say whether this was an HDi issue or a general RCZ issue ??

:beer:

A

Anonymous

My OH noticed the sticky pedal on the car we test drove. I haven't noticed it on mine (but I don't drive it like I stole it) but then again I never noticed it in the test car either. Might let him have a go and see if my pedal is the same.

It's good to know these things to look out for ... sticky pedals, rusty hubs, dodgy mirrors .... all things to keep an eye on before the warranty runs out!

A

Anonymous

mechanic never said if it was hdi or petrol engine with sticking throttle, but theres def a intermitent fault on mine.

A

Anonymous

Can I use this as an excuse when caught second stage deployment on the local dual carriageway ?

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
Can I use this as an excuse when caught second stage deployment on the local dual carriageway ?

either that or you're auditioning for Speed 3!!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

I can never remember my lines, "honest officer, the throttle was stuck, and as its an auto it just kept going faster......"

A

Anonymous

Bee re50's Are the softest tyre on the market they are so none wearing and you will be lucky to get 15k miles out them.they are amazing when its dry and hot but anything barring these conditions they just slide on a front wheel drive car.the edge tread looks dreadfull after 8k miles.they where developed firstly for the enzo as a dry summer tyre.i had a fiat multijet sporting 130bhp and it eat them up like weetabix and all just on motorway driving :4 sets 60k miles( dont get me wrong the continentals are not much better Michelin are the ones to have as they are the best of both worlds but cost a lot more :(

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 thanks for the advice, tyre company let me down, so tryed another company ive used before, and am now having contis fitted tues. £198 inc balance and vat i recon is a good price.

A

Anonymous

bee now booked in at dealers to have a new accelerator pedal/box fitted on tues- now a very happy bee.

A

Anonymous

bee said:
bee now booked in at dealers to have a new accelerator pedal/box fitted on tues- now a very happy bee.

Pleased you're getting sorted and they're changing the entire area.

Sticking accelerators are usually down to the cable. Change the cable and you're normally good to go.
You're getting a really good bit of Service from Peugeot here :clap:

Good News :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

gorwell-there is no cable on the rcz accelerator,yes i was amazed. the pedal box must send a signal to the engine i recon.
but anyway it will be nice when done, will bee able to relax when driving. :dance:

A

Anonymous

:dance: accelerator now sorted a big thank you to peugeot and taylors of boston. :thumbup: