What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Stereo cut out?

A

Anonymous

I have the 'normal' stereo i.e. not the JBL one.

Has anyone else noticed that it'll turn itself off for a couple of seconds and then randomly come on again? Mine has done it twice now and wondered if anyone else noticed the same, could it be a fault?

Also ... why is it every time you turn on the ignition it automatically comes on with the iPod, even when you had been previously been on the radio??? it's doin' my head in!

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Also ... why is it every time you turn on the ignition it automatically comes on with the iPod, even when you had been previously been on the radio??? it's doin' my head in!

At least you've got your I-Pod working :thumbup:

I've given up completely with mine now :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I have the normal stereo and haven't experienced any problems. I nearly always listen to my iPod but on the odd times I have the radio on, I'm pretty sure it goes back to it when I get back in the car.

A

Anonymous

I had the same as OP. Standard audio (no SatNav, but with bluetooth kit) but with JBL speakers. The stereo just turns off when listening to music on a USB stick and then after 20 to 30 seconds comes on again and continues where it left off. It happened after 5 to 6 minutes driving. It happened each time with a different track from the same album.

I'm wondering whether it's just some mp3 reading crash. I also experienced some times when a new track is loaded the screen keeps saying "waiting" or "one moment" (or whatever the English language version says, mine is Dutch) and no music plays. That was fixable by selecting a new album on the USB stick. Maybe it's picky on files/USB flash memory?