What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Steering wheels

Valex

Reaction score
Just replaced the bigger model with the smaller one. On Youtube, there are already many videos but I saw many people damaging the steering wheel making big holes for a flat screwdriver just to push the metal spring and release the airbag.

These are the "special tools" I created using a welding electrode
tools1.jpg
tools2.jpg

I was able to push the spring without making big holes on the sides of the steering wheel. In the end, I used just one tool, first on one side and after on the other one.
With the airbag installed it is not so easy to feel when you are in the right position and pushing the sprigs. I first trained myself with the new steering wheel so I could see what I was doing.
In this picture is visible how the tools work.
inside.jpg

After the airbag is released, there are two connectors (airbag and clacson) to release.
After the airbag is removed there is just a bolt (T50 key) and the steering wheel can be removed.

This is a comparison between the two steering wheels
Oo.jpg

And this is the small one installed
Finish.jpg

And now I go test it :cool:!