What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

steering wheel thumb inserts

A

Anonymous

Just wondering if every one has aluminium thumb inserts on there steering wheel. , mine has none , just want to know if im the only one.
Cheers

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ007 said:
Just wondering if every one has aluminium thumb inserts on there steering wheel. , mine has none , just want to know if im the only one.
Cheers
Have you got a sports steering wheel, if so you will not have them, it's standard on the normal size wheel.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I've got the sports and I have the metal thumb rests

FGRob

Reaction score
nelliebear said:
I've got the sports and I have the metal thumb rests
I'm talking sports steering wheel, which is standard on the 200THP and is included in the sports pack up-grade.

I've just checked he's got a 200thp - so it's fitted with the smaller sports steering wheel - no tabs.

Rob

A

Anonymous

FGRob is correct,
The standard wheel has the inserts, the sports kit included a smaller wheel which does not have the inserts. Even though i opted for the sports kit, i personaly i think the standard wheel has a nicer look, but it is bigger, also the gear change is bigger on the standard kit and you dont get the sound box for the exhaust.
So basicaly the sports kit includes : smaller sports steering wheel (no inserts), smaller gear change & sound box on the exhaust.

A

Anonymous

not much for the money but like the rcz logo on the sports wheel

A

Anonymous

the good thing for the smaller steering wheel is the better feeling when driving...forget the alu inserts!

A

Anonymous

Yep, fully agree,
you can do without the inserts,go for a better sports wheel & feel. :dance:
However, If you do need the look of a bit of false aluminium, there is an old Blue Peter tip......... Rummage thru the kitchen drawer, find the tin foil and wrap it around the wheel . :lol:

A

Anonymous

Thanks to all for there replys . I will enjoy the sports wheel feel., thanks again