What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

steering wheel options

A

Anonymous

Can someone explain the exact differences between the standard steering wheel and gear shift, to the sports pack option.
On the Peugot website it is difficult ton see any difference and the RCZ dealer catalogue does not really show the difference.
It seems a lot of money (£320) if theres little difference.

A

Anonymous

In another thread I thik it is mentioned the difference in the wheel is the sport is 20mm smaller in diameter. Might not sound like much but after having the RCZ for a couple of weeks we had to use a loaner 308 for a few days. The difference in wheel size actually felt quite significant. Very happy to have the smaller wheel in the RCZ. Is it worth the money? I think that will come down to personal preference, but I am glad I have the sport wheel in my car and if I had to "pay" for it in the next car I would.

A

Anonymous

I'd been driving over 3k miles using the 38mm steering wheel on my RCZ, then I decided to install the 36mm. There's a big difference comparing the two steering wheels, I'm pretty happy with the new one

A

Anonymous

lolli said:
I'd been driving over 3k miles using the 38mm steering wheel on my RCZ, then I decided to install the 36mm. There's a big difference comparing the two steering wheels, I'm pretty happy with the new one
That's only 2mm difference...you're very easily pleased :lol: .

A

Anonymous

So it's only size and not a design change ? what about the gear shift ?

A

Anonymous

the wheel has rcz logo stamped on the bottom chrome bezel. the two chrome thumb indents are changed to what look like carbon fibre or plastic, look good. shorter gear shift as well.

A

Anonymous

ok thanks, did you have the "exhaust sound box" in the sports pack option, i have read that sometimes this does come with this pack but it's a bit hit&miss whether you have this.

A

Anonymous

i have not got the sport pack im just comenting on what i know of it. i recon the sound box will be included but not 100% certain. i do wish mine had the pack but it wouldnt have the sound box anyway due to it being a hdi.