What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Starting problems - diagnostics

apple3337

Reaction score
I've done the job and made a How To report. You can print it in the form of a broschure :). Took a bit of time but I think it's worthwhile. One more thing I forgot to put in there: before you start leave the ignition switched off for 3 or 4 minutes.
Have fun
Is the youtube video in this thread an accurate way of doing what you have described?

stig rotax

Reaction score
Is the youtube video in this thread an accurate way of doing what you have described?
hi Apple, the video clips are good but they always make sure things come apart beforehand. You just have to be careful when heaving things out, not to break the plastic bits

Bobby D

Reaction score
Great job Stig Rotax!! Like many parts of the RCZ removing the battery it s a bit like a Chinese puzzle, rewarding once unlocked. I have a note under my bonnet to also put ignition on for 2 mins before starting the battery for similar reasons I guess. In my experience car batteries are pretty bullet proof when they are still in warranty but almost as soon as that period is over if they are allowed to go flat they pretty much set off to Battery heaven and can't even be recharged enough to start a car - as you described. Funily enough as long as they are never allowed to go flat they can last for years past their warranty date. Finally it takes about 100v DC to get through the resistance of your skin so there is very little risk if any under the bonnet of a car without the engine running. Looking forward to your next offering. Removing the front bumper is a bitch!!