What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Squeaky Brakes

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Has anyone else had a problem with squeaky brakes. Over the last week (with about 1000miles on the odometer) it started. If I press gently on the brake pedal the squeaking is quite loud. I took it in for it's 1000mile checkup today and was told it that they used some sort of spray cleaner on the brakes and that most of the time that would cure the problem, otherwise it would be a complete brake strip down. Unfortunately within 10mintues the noise was back.

This is on the 200THP with the 340mm discs at the front.

Cheers,
Jas

A

Anonymous

3000miles no squeeks yet, unlike my Evo 260!
Give them a good stamp from 70 when it's clear to do so, it might be dust?

A

Anonymous

That's what I do...a good hard brake (when safe to do so) can get rid of caked dust that is sometimes a reason for squeal.

FGRob

Reaction score
Yep i've got the same, mainly first thing in the morning, I have found when I clean the car with the power washer a good blast around the caliper seems to stop some of it then a good blast down the road totally clears it. But it will come back as our cars produce a lot of brake dust. :eek:

Rob

A

Anonymous

If the car has been out in damp or wet weather it tends to make your brake squeak if you look at the disc it will have a (rusty brake/ dust on them) this it also like this after a car wash this makes it squeaky when you brake when you clean your rims use a alloy cleaner like wonder wheels on the brake disc this will clean them up a bit .

A

Anonymous

Cheers, for all your replies. Was talking about it at work today and the same was recommended (i.e. a good hard stamp on the brakes). Will give it a try when I'm not travelling during peak periods on the motorway. Also might try and give it a wash, when it's not so flippin' cold.