What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Spurious obd fault codes?

Gordonmd

Reaction score
Hi all,
I had a plug coil die about 2 months ago, in extended warranty.
A 2nd coil died 2 weeks ago. it happened on the Saturday and after using the OBD, I put in the spare i had bought and carried on.

On the 28th I rang the warranty people to get a claim number but first asked why I hadn’t got a renewal notice. Turns out it’s a fixed 5 year policy. Ok, fair enough I said, when does it expire?

The 29th of Nov he said. Lucky.

Took it to a Melbourne dealer for coil replacement (quick easy job for them) and got a call about 3pm, “umm, there are a few other fault codes we need to talk about”

Now, I had seen these when I did the coil and I have seen this several times where one fault throws up several codes.

Anyway, the guy said,
1. Also fault on cyl 4

2. HP fuel pump error. (ive seen this on the forums)

3. VVT system problem possibly caused by worn teeth on the gear that moves the VVT stuff.

https://www.etuners.gr/psamini-1-6-thp- ... camshafts/

He said it would be running rough due to the fuel pump and the VVT fault.

I said it hasn’t shown any problems, so what's going on?

So they cleared the codes (last Monday)and I haven’t seen any new faults since.

I said regardless, I would like a new pump and inspect the gears please. (under same claim)

We are waiting to see if any codes come up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do any of you know about random extra faults?

Thanks for your help.

rcz200it

Reaction score
Vvt is code p1030 same to me reset and never reappeared, Peugeot just said it can happens that it can stick out of phase but usually never happens again else it's costly to replace!!