What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sporta air Filter like K&N

A

Anonymous

Ive been reading alot about this air filters, the companys states that with this you can increase hp, lower the mpg, etc. There are dyno tests that actually shows some difference, eventhought its really small, Is it true?
Has anyone changed the stock air filter for a K&N one? And doest a air filter like this makes any kind of performance difference in a THP motor like the rcz one?

Thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

Its a good financial purchase as you don't have to buy a new disposable filter every year. Power increases are negligible with these though but technically it will be better than a standard one.

A

Anonymous

Does it alter the induction sound at all? I seem to remember when I did this to a Mini Cooper I had in the 70's it increased the decibels in a good raspy way

FGRob

Reaction score
H12RPO said:
Does it alter the induction sound at all? I seem to remember when I did this to a Mini Cooper I had in the 70's it increased the decibels in a good raspy way
If you replace the complete standard induction system with a new one - not seen any around yet, you will get a great sound which will be heard inside and more importantly outside the car, you will need to notify your insurance company though.

Rob

A

Anonymous

Doesnt the sports pack offer a different tone via a "sound box" ?

FGRob

Reaction score
Yes but you can only hear it inside the car as the device is fiited behind the glovebox, :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

A true induction system will give you a sound inside and outside the car.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I thought the sports pack was simply a smaller steering wheel and a shorter gear stick. Am I wrong? Have ordered this option on my replacement model.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
jactac said:
I thought the sports pack was simply a smaller steering wheel and a shorter gear stick. Am I wrong? Have ordered this option on my replacement model.

i think your right its just the steering wheel and shorter gear stick nothing involving the cars sound

FGRob

Reaction score
tomy90 said:
OO58RON said:
jactac said:

i think your right its just the steering wheel and shorter gear stick nothing involving the cars sound
The sports up-grade does give you the sound box, it's just the english translation of the french spec did not come over very well and it's not always show on the litreture - depending on the age. ;)