What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Spoiler stuck in TOP position

NF7

Reaction score
Anyone else had a similar issue?

My spoiler was working faultlessly since I bought the car - both the auto and the manual lift.

I was going for a drive on Friday - went up towards 170km/h and obviously, my spoiler went to top position automatically. Then as I was parking I saw it still in the TOP position. I thought - weird since I did not put it up manually but brushed it off. Then yesterday I went for a drive and tried to manually lower the spoiler and it won't drop. You can hear the motor engaging for a split second but the spoiler remains up.

Tried pressing the button so it loses the light (meaning it's on auto) and going for a drive - no luck. Tried WD40 on the outer mechanism - nothing. Left it overnight so that WD40 can get deeper - no luck. Still, the motor engages for a split second but the spoiler does not move.

Tried removing the battery waiting 10minutes and reconnecting the battery - no luck (it was a long shot, but had to try it).

Button reacts, light lights up, motor reacts but the spoiler won't budge. Does not matter if the car is moving or stationary, turned on or off.

Any suggestions before I take off the boot lid carpeting and examine the motor?

Also, what can be used to remove the plastic clips holding up the carpeting? They are "convex" with no gap to put a screwdriver in.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
The carpet studs have slots in and can pull up easily when the carpet is out of the way you can use an allen key to wind down the fin look inside your hand book for this..

NF7

Reaction score
The carpet studs have slots in and can pull up easily when the carpet is out of the way you can use an allen key to wind down the fin look inside your hand book for this..
So they just pull out - could be done with pliers?

NF7

Reaction score
Apparently, the spoiler has a mind of its own. Since I got Covid positive result on Saturday, the car was not driven since Friday.

The spoiler remained stuck in top position although, I did spray some more WD40 on the mechanism.

Today I had to drive to my physician for a check-up and the spoiler dropped down with no problem.

Pedro

Reaction score
Mine was frozen after heavy frost overnight but cleared travelling around 5 Klm then was working normally they do suffer with dirt ingress which can get onto the piston which could knacker up the motor so regular checks & cleaning when washing the car helps plus lubricate with WD40 or a small smearing of white grease works wonders