What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Spoiler stuck half way

thornebt

Reaction score
I know there's a lot of posts on here about the auto spoiler but I can't see any with my problem. I have just replaced the coolant outlet housing as the thermostat was stuck open and my car's been running colder than a fridge. Anyway, that is now fixed and temperature is back to normal. The procedure involved removing the battery. Adter doing this I noticed that the spoiler had raised to the first position (50mph?). It is now staying in that position and there is no illumination of the light on the spoiler switch. I guess it could be a blown fuse which I'll check first but someone posted that they had to get Peugeot to do a reboot on the computer to fix their spoiler problem.

I need to reset time / date / radio etc but I don't suppose that will cure the spoiler. Does anyone have any ideas please? I'll go and check the fuse now if I can find which one it is!

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Have you pressed the button to see if it goes down. That fixed the problem for me when I removed the battery.
If not, try the BSI reset procedure.

thornebt

Reaction score
I've tried pressing the button, holding it down etc but it seems dead! I've looked in the handbook but it doesn't list the spoiler in the fuses list.

What is the BSI reset procedure please?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
As below :)
Abzynthe said:
Try resetting the Bsi. Below is the procedure I believe.

Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
remove key open & close door test central locking system
Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.

thornebt

Reaction score
Thanks very much. I've tried this procedure three times and the spoiler is still stuck. The last time I did the BSI reset I got every error message under the sun come up. Braking system faulty, ABS faulty, ESP faulty. I then found that these error messages reset when you drive the car and it reaches a certain speed!

So I'm now back to just the stuck spoiler! As there is no power light on the switch I wonder if it's the fuse. Problem is that the handbook doesn't say which fuse it is! It's certainly the best starting point so I'm going to start a new topic with the simple question about which fuse controls the spoiler.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
As below :)
Abzynthe said:
Try resetting the Bsi. Below is the procedure I believe.

Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
remove key open & close door test central locking system
Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.
Are there any advantages to doing this even tho the car has no noticeable problems too?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Not that im aware of. Your bsi sleeps when You lock the car, so a reset is only needed when it doesnt work as it should.

thornebt

Reaction score
My spoiler has fixed itself! I took the wife up the motorway to Bristol to see the new film about Steven Hawking (which was great and I highly recommend it) and by the time we'd got there the power light on the switch had come back on and the spoiler was functioning as normal! I'm guessing that perhaps it just needed to hit 50mph and a relay or similar kicked in or reset itself or whatever and cured it. Very good news anyway.

Thank you, Absynthe, for your help earlier today with the BSI reset procedure which I wasn't aware of.

rcz 1216

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've got the problem with the spoiler, as stopped working but it was fine when I closed it! i do have the light on switch? Anything I can do?