What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Spoiler Alert... are you an Upper or Downer?

Are you an Upper or Downer?

• I’m an upper – all seasons

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I’m a summer upper – minus Sir Cliff (I’m more of a funk soul brother)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’m a summer upper and a winter downer

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I’m a downer – all seasons

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Don’t know?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guppy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just looking for some feedback on the retractable rear spoiler.

Are you an Upper or Downer?

Or maybe it’s only deemed acceptable in the months of Summer… shades on, windows down whilst shoulder jiving to Cliff Richard’s greatest hits… please advise?

Cheers,
Jonathan

2retro

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again - the RCZ active spoiler is pure poetry in motion. :clap:

Prefer it over the fixed R spoiler any day of the week but I do still rock it in the up position when cruising in summer because it just looks so damn good!

I also like to activate it at the Traffic Light Grand Prix sometimes when the full on race start is required! lol

Plecodoras

Reaction score
2retro said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again - the RCZ active spoiler is pure poetry in motion. :clap:

Prefer it over the fixed R spoiler any day of the week but I do still rock it in the up position when cruising in summer because it just looks so damn good!

I also like to activate it at the Traffic Light Grand Prix sometimes when the full on race start is required! lol

Gotta agree here with 2retro....

I used to flick it up most times and especially at the lights, and it was pure poetry in motion...
What is it they say... If you've got it flaunt it !!!

But now I have the R with fixed spoiler, I have to agree with Kerry.... " I think it makes the car look meaner "

Cheers

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Love to see it through the rear view mirror lift to full but at 97mph the moaning from the passenger seat it doesn’t stay there long!
Must admit the R look is growing on me but you can’t beat the active spoiler!

Guppy

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Love to see it through the rear view mirror lift to full but at 97mph the moaning from the passenger seat it doesn’t stay there long!
Must admit the R look is growing on me but you can’t beat the active spoiler!

Totally agree with you on that one... the thought of clocking-up 97mph while being followed by half a dozen blue flashing lights in order to 'auto pose' dosent fill me with joy, so I guess I'll just have to settle for a semi-upper.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I refuse to mention loving it when I have a semi :eusa-whistle:

I also agree, that I prefer the active spoiler, but I also love the R fixed one. I too give it a flick up at the lights sometimes :lol:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
stewartwillsher said:
Had a bequete arierre on my 5 Gordini Turbo; it was always up, stiff, but rubber! :shock:

And no pills off ebay required :dance:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
He might end up getting one stuck in his throat & end up with a stiff neck :crazy: :helpme: